dr-jerry-alderson

Written by a patient at Harrogate Ooh
31st October 2019

Examined by Dr Alderson because of problems after taking a new medication for T2D. Currently under a great deal of stress due to husband's health issues. Dr was very understanding, kind and caring. We discussed weight loss methods and for the first time ever, it was a pleasure to not be directed straight to the 'Eatwell plate' and to look at other options. I came away full of optimism that I can indeed put my T2D into remission. His help has given me the realisation that I can indeed improve my health and better still gave me the determination to get on with it. And it is a comfort to know that there will be support for me as my husband's carer once his Alzheimer's diagnosis if formally confirmed.

23rd November 2019
Response from Dr Jerry Alderson

Many thanks for taking the time to give this wonderful feedback....! Don't feel that you need to face these issues alone - there's usually a friendly GP not too far away.... Best wishes JA

Studied medicine at Nottingham after leaving a career as a firefighter. Now working in Derbyshire and Yorkshire as a locum GP, Out-of Hours GP and GP appraiser. Keen hiker, cyclist, gardener and fisherman. Committed to providing high quality, no-nonsense care backed by clear and effective communication.

Doctors working at Derbyshire Health United Ltd Ooh