Dr Jeremy Harrison

• Emergency Medicine
  • Anaesthetics and ITU

30th June 2015
Written by a carer at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

My 4 yr old daughter recently attended A&E following a wound to the forehead. Dr Harrison gave a very comprehensive explanation of the sedation and suture procedure required, the pros and cons, and options available - he was completely focused on giving us the highest level of care both in terms of his manner, communication and time. In fact he went out of his way to give the impression of having all the time in the world and answered any questions in a completely unhurried way - we all know this must be hard to do in this environment! His manner was very calming for my daughter and he showed great understanding of how to deal with her age group. Following triage and further assessment, we were then unfortunately unable to complete treatment due to the arrival of 3 more critical cases which needed to be prioritised. He communicated this to us with the appropriate level of reasoning and understanding, but in a sympathetic way and also assured us that he would make arrangements for my daughter to be treated by himself personally the next day at a specific time. This all happened exactly as outlined, and in addition to this, the paediatric nurse (Nora) who had treated my daughter on day 1 came in especially early on day 2 (despite other plans) so that my daughter could receive treatment from the same familiar staff. I was very impressed by the level of commitment shown to us in making this happen. As a result, what could have been quite a traumatic experience for my daughter was made as smooth as possible in the circumstances.

Short link to review Dr Jeremy Harrison: http://iwgc.net/e3t8