Mr James Rink

Mr Rink is a consultant surgeon and clinical lead for Upper-GI and Bariatric surgery working at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust. There he provides an emergency general surgical service as well as specialist care. Following his graduation from Cambridge University Medical School, Mr Rink worked in East Anglia, the South West and on the South Coast. His specialist training was gained in the South-West Deanery, working in hospitals from Truro and Plymouth to Bath, Bristol and Gloucester. Having completed his training in 2011, Mr Rink undertook fellowships in bariatric and specialist upper GI surgery at St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester and the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. In addition to his NHS service, Mr Rink offers a specialist private surgical service which encompasses bariatric (weight loss) surgery, including gastric band, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric balloon. He also offers advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for gallstone disease, gastro-oesophageal reflux and hiatus hernia, comprehensive general surgical operations including laparoscopic hernia repair (inguinal, ventral and incisional – primary and recurrent).

16th May 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink is an exceptional surgeon at explaining procedures. He makes you feel totally at ease and is always willing to answer any questions you may have. He has completely changed my life for the better and I am eternally grateful for the opportunity the NHS and Mr Rink gave me. He shows great empathy towards his patients and the aftercare is also outstanding. I would recommend Mr Rink & team to anybody considering bariatric surgery

1st April 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Loved how I was handled. I was a really nervous patient and they made sure I was seen first on the list so no waiting about. So far my pain is manageable, no gas pain and only sore to get up which is normal, I've had an organ removed.

21st February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Helpful friendly polite and straightforward talking which found to be like a breath fresh air, put my mind at ease when I was getting stressed about my procedure.

19th February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink cares about his patients, he is professional, he his a really nice guy to talk to, puts all your concerns at ease, he goes an extra mile to help you. He did my gastric sleeve December 1st 2016 and i couldn't ask for better care. Mr Rink and his team; Bryony, Hayley, and Viv have all supported me throughout 100%. between all of them, they have given me back my confidence, my ability to walk and just brought out myself again by giving me my life back. i cant thank these people enough. i would highly recommended Mr Rink to anyone going or even considering an operation with him

31st January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink is a true gentleman and in totally the correct profession. He cares about his patients, he is a professional but at the same time very approchable. Mr Rink and his lovely team did my Gastric Bypass and I couldn't be more pleased with the care I received from start of the process right through. I have just returned from my (nearly a year out) check up and have as a result of his surgery, after care and advice lost 89% of my excess body weight and couldn't be happier. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Rink to anyone else. A tough year but made made easier by knowing and trusting I am in the care of this lovely team. Thank you.

Short link to review Mr James Rink: http://iwgc.net/efmmp