Mr James Rink

Mr Rink is a clinical director, consultant surgeon and clinical lead for Upper-GI and Bariatric surgery working at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust. There he provides an emergency general surgical service as well as specialist care. Following his graduation from Cambridge University Medical School, Mr Rink worked in East Anglia, the South West and on the South Coast. His specialist training was gained in the South-West Deanery, working in hospitals from Truro and Plymouth to Bath, Bristol and Gloucester. Having completed his training in 2011, Mr Rink undertook fellowships in bariatric and specialist upper GI surgery at St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester and the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. In addition to his NHS service, Mr Rink offers a specialist private surgical service which encompasses bariatric (weight loss) surgery, including gastric band, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric balloon. He also offers advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for gallstone disease, gastro-oesophageal reflux and hiatus hernia, comprehensive general surgical operations including laparoscopic hernia repair (inguinal, ventral and incisional – primary and recurrent).

6th November 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Thanks to Mr. Rink I have my life back. He gave me the tool to be able to loose weight and get me back. He is a lovely doctor, very understanding and easy to talk to. I would recommend him to anyone I know. Thank you for all you have done.

16th October 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Had gastric sleeve surgery 6weeks ago no complications with surgery , I was very anxious and worried prior to surgery due to having a catheter for Dialysis in my abdomen, Mr Rink put me at ease and said he was confident he would not damage my catheter and I could continue to use it after surgery , true to his word it’s all in working order , my weight loss is amazing I’m so pleased to have had this operation and very grateful to Mr Rink and his team , thank you so much for your amazing work

17th August 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink is fantastic! He praised my progress since my weight loss surgery by saying I've done phenomenally well. He listens, is caring, gives wonderful advice and I'd highly recommend him to anyone considering bariatric surgery.

2nd August 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

On July 6th 2018 I had surgery for a very enlarged Hiatus Hernia, led by Mr Rink and his team. I was very nervous at the time as I am now 78 years old, but everyone of his team looked after me extremely well, and I remember Mr Rink saying to me "you will feel a new woman after the operation." He was right! 4 weeks later on the 2nd August I had my follow-up appointment with him and he too was amazed how fit and well I had recovered in those few weeks, and he discharged me. He did in fact show me the pictures of my stomach and hernia and I am amazed at what he has been able to do to make me feel more comfortable by getting rid of the hernia and I do feel like a "new woman"!! Thank you so much for your specialist care and to all your Team.

17th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I am pleased to say that from the time I was referred to Mr Rink until after my Gastric Bypass I was treated with care and consideration by Mr Rink and all his team of specialists at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and Telford's Princess Royal Hospital. The whole team has a very professional attitude whilst being able to put you at your ease and to answer any questions or concerns you might have. I definitely felt that I was in good hands and received a 5* service.

Short link to review Mr James Rink: http://iwgc.net/efmmp