Mr James Rink

Mr Rink is a consultant surgeon and clinical lead for Upper-GI and Bariatric surgery working at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust. There he provides an emergency general surgical service as well as specialist care. Following his graduation from Cambridge University Medical School, Mr Rink worked in East Anglia, the South West and on the South Coast. His specialist training was gained in the South-West Deanery, working in hospitals from Truro and Plymouth to Bath, Bristol and Gloucester. Having completed his training in 2011, Mr Rink undertook fellowships in bariatric and specialist upper GI surgery at St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester and the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. In addition to his NHS service, Mr Rink offers a specialist private surgical service which encompasses bariatric (weight loss) surgery, including gastric band, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric balloon. He also offers advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for gallstone disease, gastro-oesophageal reflux and hiatus hernia, comprehensive general surgical operations including laparoscopic hernia repair (inguinal, ventral and incisional – primary and recurrent).

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr. Rink Is an excellent surgeon with a brilliant team. I would certainly recommend them.

21st March 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink is dedicated to changing people's life for the better; he is efficient and caring. I am very grateful to have been given the opportunity to improve my life and the care I received was excellent from start to finish.

16th January 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink operated on me in November 2017 I had a gastric bypass.. since the operation my blood sugars for my type 2 diabetes are finally under control and I’m loosing weight at a steady rate.. thankyou mr Rink you have helped me change my life for the better.

28th November 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink listened and explained everything very clearly and went above and beyond to help me. I required two procedures which Mr Rink carried out together. Mr Rink has improved my life.

25th October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Being an inherent coward, I was somewhat sceptical regarding weight loss surgery. From day one, to the actual operation on the 19th October, I found Mr Rink and his staff totally supportive. I realise that this is a monumental decision for any person to make, but when you have the confidence in the entire team it makes this decision so much easier. All the procedures were clearly explained with utmost patience and nothing was too much trouble. I was operated upon in Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and from the time of arrival to day of discharge, the care was exemplary. I have no hesitation in recommending this team to any person considering this type of surgery and would like to use this opportunity of conveying my sincere thanks to all concerned.

Short link to review Mr James Rink: http://iwgc.net/efmmp