Mr James Rink

Mr Rink is a consultant surgeon and clinical lead for Upper-GI and Bariatric surgery working at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust. There he provides an emergency general surgical service as well as specialist care. Following his graduation from Cambridge University Medical School, Mr Rink worked in East Anglia, the South West and on the South Coast. His specialist training was gained in the South-West Deanery, working in hospitals from Truro and Plymouth to Bath, Bristol and Gloucester. Having completed his training in 2011, Mr Rink undertook fellowships in bariatric and specialist upper GI surgery at St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester and the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. In addition to his NHS service, Mr Rink offers a specialist private surgical service which encompasses bariatric (weight loss) surgery, including gastric band, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric balloon. He also offers advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for gallstone disease, gastro-oesophageal reflux and hiatus hernia, comprehensive general surgical operations including laparoscopic hernia repair (inguinal, ventral and incisional – primary and recurrent).

23rd January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr rink did my gastric sleeve and I am extremely happy with the results and highly recommend this surgeon

23rd January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink has given me back my mobility and health. For that I am eternally grateful. I had a gastric bypass at the end of June 2016 which has been life changing. I have lost 78% of my excess weight in just six months. My heaviest weight was 20st 4lbs and I now weigh 12st 4lbs Mr Rink and his team Bryony, Hayley and Viv are so supportive, kind, caring and non judgmental. Thank you all for your continued help and support.

22nd January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr rink and team looked after me all the way. A big thanks to all the team I have my life back.

3rd January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

What can I say thank god for my sleeve. Mr Rink and his team are amazing. Mr Rink said it would be better for me due to my size to go down the path of having a balloon first as the antheastist was worried about putting me under for such a long time I weighed 189kg at this point so I had the balloon fitted 21/01/16 I lost 41kg by the time I had my sleeve 28/7/16, I have lost 74.8kg upto today 3/1/17 i'm very pleased with my progress as is Mr Rink and his team. I would also like to thank them all very much for the support they have given me. Any problems they have been at the end of the phone or email giving me the answers and if they don't know they will go away and find out, and nothing is too much trouble Big thanks to Mr Rink, Viv, Hayley and Briony geat team.

2nd January 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr rink is one of the nicest man I have ever met. He's down to earth and very caring. I was a unique case and Mr rink never gave up on me. He took many risks and after many attempts I had my sleeve. This man saved my life and I owe so much to him

Short link to review Mr James Rink: http://iwgc.net/efmmp