Mr James Rink

Mr Rink is a consultant surgeon and clinical lead for Upper-GI and Bariatric surgery working at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust. There he provides an emergency general surgical service as well as specialist care. Following his graduation from Cambridge University Medical School, Mr Rink worked in East Anglia, the South West and on the South Coast. His specialist training was gained in the South-West Deanery, working in hospitals from Truro and Plymouth to Bath, Bristol and Gloucester. Having completed his training in 2011, Mr Rink undertook fellowships in bariatric and specialist upper GI surgery at St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester and the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. In addition to his NHS service, Mr Rink offers a specialist private surgical service which encompasses bariatric (weight loss) surgery, including gastric band, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric balloon. He also offers advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for gallstone disease, gastro-oesophageal reflux and hiatus hernia, comprehensive general surgical operations including laparoscopic hernia repair (inguinal, ventral and incisional – primary and recurrent).

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

30th August 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I have had excellent care from Mr Rink and the whole team. The procedure has totally changed my life.

26th July 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

When I chose to have bariatric surgery, I researched and questioned colleagues ( I work within the Trust) about the surgeons and teams within the local area. Following numerous recommendations, I had my first consultation with Mr Rink. I found the whole experience informative, non-judgemental, humorous, professional and put me at ease straight away. I found the interaction with the team friendly, professional and again informative, and felt very involved within the whole process. My journey following my very successful procedure has been well supported, I feel that any concerns would be quickly dealt with by the team and Mr Rink. I happily and highly recommend Mr Rink and the team .

6th July 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

To whom this may concern Mr Rink has completely changed my life from where i was 18months ago,I was 144kg and finding life in general very hard,on top of my weight problems I suffered with reflux(stomach acid) coming up in my throat at night when sleeping,since my operation (gastric bypass in january 2016 I no longer get any problems with reflux and I am down to 79kg and am feeling great in myself. I would recommend Mr Rink and his wonderful team for all there help and care before during and after surgery,again many thanks. Yours Sincerely Mr R P Titley

23rd June 2016
Written by a patient at Princess Royal Hospital

Dr Rink is easy to talk too and he explains everything that will happen to you before, during and after surgery, he (and his team) have helped me become better able to face the future and I am so grateful for his help and would recommend everyone that needs his form of specialist help to see Dr Rink. I thank him and his team for their help.

14th June 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I was told very directly about the procedure about what I had to do to make it a success , how important it was for me to lose weight and how to stick to the diet and The doctor made me feel really comfortable right from the beginning up to the procedure the after care has been fantastic I have had all the support from the doctor and all his team.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »