Mr James Rink

Mr Rink is a consultant surgeon and clinical lead for Upper-GI and Bariatric surgery working at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust. There he provides an emergency general surgical service as well as specialist care. Following his graduation from Cambridge University Medical School, Mr Rink worked in East Anglia, the South West and on the South Coast. His specialist training was gained in the South-West Deanery, working in hospitals from Truro and Plymouth to Bath, Bristol and Gloucester. Having completed his training in 2011, Mr Rink undertook fellowships in bariatric and specialist upper GI surgery at St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester and the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. In addition to his NHS service, Mr Rink offers a specialist private surgical service which encompasses bariatric (weight loss) surgery, including gastric band, gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and gastric balloon. He also offers advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for gallstone disease, gastro-oesophageal reflux and hiatus hernia, comprehensive general surgical operations including laparoscopic hernia repair (inguinal, ventral and incisional – primary and recurrent).

17th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I am pleased to say that from the time I was referred to Mr Rink until after my Gastric Bypass I was treated with care and consideration by Mr Rink and all his team of specialists at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and Telford's Princess Royal Hospital. The whole team has a very professional attitude whilst being able to put you at your ease and to answer any questions or concerns you might have. I definitely felt that I was in good hands and received a 5* service.

9th July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

From the first time we met James he was totally honest and understanding, he took time to explain all options and with his team ensured as a patient you were always totally informed.

3rd July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

From start to finish Mr Rink and his team are there for you, making the hole process a lot better to understand knowing you can contact them with questions you have helps carm nerves. I was a fat lazzy slob and could not see it, I will never get back the 7 yrs of fat my poor son had to put up with. I would recommend having this type of surgery if you are over weight to anyone it's changed my life thanks to this mans amazing team I am a new man, new dad I took my boy pokemon hunting we walk for what felt like forever and then we camped out, I would never been able to walk for 2 or 3 minutes let alone sleep on the floor in a tent you would of had to get me a crain to get back, not now i have lost 12 stone in over 1 yr and it keeps coming off. Thanks for the second chance at being a man and a dad agian I owe you all so much.

12th June 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink, was very polite and helpful with my needs and my mental health issues around my weight, he was caring and listened to what i had been through to get to this stage and what could be done to help me lose weight and get back on track with a life worth living. The whole team is amazing, helpful and caring and with out any of them i would not be here today. He is dedicated to helping all of us weather is a little weight or like myself alot of weight 2 balloons and i am now sleeved will be 8 weeks thrusday i have no regerts and will change my life for the better. i can go to them if i need advice or help or i feel a little stuck and just need some words of wisdom. He does it for all the right reasons and so does the team i will be forever greatful to all of them Mr Rink is a great role model for the NHS and what they do as a team

8th May 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mr Rink was very professional and caring, listening to why i needed gastric bypass. Mr Rink and his team have given me my life back to enjoy healthy and long. I have got my mojo back, i am happy fit and feel healthier than i have in a long time. I have struggled for a lot of years with my weight joining numerous diet clubs and failing. This is my journey now that Mr Rink and his team have allowed me to take. I would recommend to anyone who has struggled and wants to start a healthier and more fulfilling life. My family are so pleased to have me feeling healthy and able to exercise in conjunction with the path i was able to take. Positivity is a good state of mind you can get into, Mr Rink and his team instill this in you in bucket loads throughout our journey.

Short link to review Mr James Rink: http://iwgc.net/efmmp