Dr James Medcalf

• Nephrology

27th March 2017
Written by a patient at Leicester General Hospital

My name is fiona, I have been a kidney patient in 2015 with GFR function as low as 4% close to renal failure. Under the care of Dr Medcalf and a Spanish Doctor was able to return home after spending 6 day's been cared for carefully. In 2017 was admitted again for deteorting kidney function and severe anemia. I have spent 4 weeks in hospital and underwent a operation to fit a femoral line in the the groun, it was so painful. This was in preparation for the every other day of Dyallis which clean's the blood of harmful toxins. I can honestly say the Doctors were Second to non, no one could anticipate how nice and sympathetic they would be respecting my wishes not to have a blood transfusion instead was give transfusion of ethroprotine which helped me to feel boasted away from all the DNA risk you get with having a blood transfusion Happy to say Doctor James Medcalf was remarkable! He just like part of the family, his bed side manner.excellent, he really.has been born to be a.doctor I want to thank you and.jorge and.all the other doctors who so kindly were sympathetic towards me and treated me as a special case for that a very big thank you for being so patient with me. I am intrigued and inspired by all the decisions that are made some life threatening. I to study to be a Doctor myself.as I come.from a medical background.

5th March 2017
Written by a patient at Loughborough Hospital

I have been a patient of Dr Medcalf's for many years. He is absolutely the best doctor I have ever been looked after by. He is very patient, an extremely good listener, he doesn't rush me at all and always involves me fully in the consultation. He also takes into account our biopsychosocial circumstances and treats us holistically. I would recommend him to anyone and would like his senior clinicians and director/s to know how much I value him as a caring, compassionate and considerate doctor.

11th February 2017
Written by a patient at Loughborough Hospital

Dr.James Medcalf is the best doctor I know.i have known and been treated by Dr Medcalf for many years now and I have always been very happy with his treatment. He always remembers your name and that is an achievement considering how many patients he must have.He always listens to you and doesn't try to get rid of you when you start to talk too much.I am very happy to name Dr James Medcalf as my favourite Doctor. I always see Doctor Medcalf at Hamilton Renal Unit.

22nd September 2016
Written by a patient at Loughborough Hospital

I have been a patient now of Dr Medcalf for many years. I have always found him to be very caring And always as the time to explain things. Has a patient with hospital and treatment phobia is care is brilliant. I would recommend him to anyone.

Short link to review Dr James Medcalf: http://iwgc.net/eelb9