Dr James Britton

• Dermatology

4th November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

The surgery performed by this doctor was done quickly and carelessly whilst he chit-chatted with the theatre staff and didn't really even acknowledge me as the patient. His careless work and the poor aftercare received has left an unecessarily poor wound/scar on a very visible place - the stitched wound was not even covered and the stitches were left poking out for a week before I was informed I should go to my GP to have them removed. I now realise that as I was a private patient I should have had my stitches removed and my aftercare at the hospital who performed the treatment and I have also now have learned that leaving a wound uncovered is the very worst thing you can do for it to heal with the best possible looking outcome. I feel very let down by the poor care and attention received and feel that if this doctor had shut up talking and showing off he may have concentrated more on what he was doing - a few moments of carelessness for him has left me with a lifetime of living with a horrible scar.

Short link to review Dr James Britton: http://iwgc.net/eepop