Dr Jagath Wijesekera

• Neurology

21st August 2018
Written by a patient at Medway Maritime Hospital

Dr Jagath Wijesekara did not listen to me. I felt rushed as he hurried me out of his office in under 5 minutes. Dr. Wijesekera offered me NO treatment whatsoever. His only comment was that he "would monitor my condition." I was unable to get another appointment to see him for six months. I have now been told that Dr. Wijesekera has left the hospital and no one has informed me of his departure. And more importantly, the results of a test I had 3 months ago have not been transferred to another doctor. I cannot get another appointment with any other doctor at Medway Maritime Hospital, I was told to wait until next month and then make an appointment to see a "visiting locum." I will try to make an appointment with a "locum" and see if they can find the results of the test I had 3 months ago (which will be over 4 months by the time I see the locum). I just hope I do not die before I receive treatment. Thank you for reading this.

9th September 2016
Written by a patient at Medway Maritime Hospital

Dr Wijesekera is an absolute Gem. After years of struggling to find a consultant who actually cares, I cannot praise him highly enough. In my experience, he has always been willing to Listen and to discuss my MS and other health problems with me. He also has a great sense of humour and a huge heart - I just wish that I'd found him years ago.

Nearest Neurologists