dr-iqbal-mohiuddin

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

26th January 2022

I've struggled with severe depression since a teenager (in my forties now). I've tried all the medications but never helped much. I was recommended by a CBT counsellor that I may have autistic traits. This led to an autism assessment where Adult ADHD was recommended looking into. This was my first experience of private healthcare but as nearly impossible to get an ADHD assessment on the NHS, decided to take the plunge. I was very apprehensive about doing it online as aware of how easy it is to be scammed on the internet and it's a sizeable amount of money for the assessment. The service I received though was absolutely fantastic. After submitting my assessment questionnaires, they were screened prior to the assessment to not waste anyone's time or money. The assessment and follow up appointments were all carried out over Zoom. Dr Mohiuddin was very warm and friendly, the assessment itself was very thorough. To the extent that things were pointed out that I hadn't even realised about myself. It all felt very informal and relaxed though, more like having a chat than being assessed. Very different to my experience with NHS psychiatrists (if your lucky enough to get to see one). By the end of the assessment Dr Mohiuddin was able to diagnose me with Adult ADHD. Nothing was forced on me. Medications were discussed along with potential cost of private prescriptions. I felt fully involved in the treatment plan. Within a couple of days I received my prescription through the post. It still didn't feel real as it was almost too easy. It wasn't until I collected my medication from the pharmacy that I stopped worrying. The diagnosis and medication has been nothing short of life changing. It has helped me understand existing behaviours and how best to manage them. The medication helps me focus and keeps my brain on track (stops the racing voices/ thoughts). I have even manged to get a promotion at work, a better job with more money. My mental health has even improved. It is expensive initially but I have now managed to arrange a shared care agreement with my GP. I still have consultations with Dr Mohiuddin but only after 3, 6 & 12 months. My GP then prescribes the medication (the expensive bit) which saves about £125 a month. I have, and will continue to recommend Dr Mohiuddin to friends and relatives for his excellent service and professionalism. My only note for improvement is that he needs to remember to put his GMC registration on his prescriptions. Otherwise it can cause issues with collecting from the pharmacy.

7th March 2022
Response from Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin

Thank you so much for your helpful and constructive review. This is much appreciated. It was a pleasure to have assessed you and treated you for Adult ADHD. I am glad you found the process easy and that you are making a wonderful recovery. I am grateful to you for your continued recommendations. I look forward to reviewing your progress in future. I wish you all the very best in your continued recovery. Regarding the prescriptions, each one has my unique private prescriber code which is registered with my GMC number. The pharmacist should have known this. Sorry to hear you had issues with collecting from the pharmacy, which should not have happened.

18th January 2022

Dr Mohiuddin was fantastic throughout my care with him - from inital consultation, titration, and then handover to my GP. I felt at ease with him and he was always available for me to contact and ask question. I highly recommend him.

6th March 2022
Response from Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin

It has been an absolute pleasure assessing and treating you and then handing over your prescribing to your GP. Many thanks for your kind and helpful feedback and recommendation. This is much appreciated. I wish you all the very best for the future and your continued recovery.

14th December 2021

From start to finish the care was outstanding. Leading up to the consultation the process was explained clearly and in detail, forms were easy to fill out and communication was excellent. The consultation (Zoom) itself was beyond expectation. I was anxious in the build up, but was immediately put at ease by Dr. Mohiuddin. Throughout the consultation he struck the right tone, was forthcoming with knoweledge in an understandable way, and was reassuring on what was to follow. The diagnosis was clear and the treatment explained carefully along with possible side effects of the prescribed drugs. Options on alternatives were also discussed which gave me confidence that there were other avenues available if this didn't suit me. I would recommend Dr. Mohiuddin highly.

10th January 2022
Response from Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin

Thank you so much for your comprehensive and helpful review and recommendation. This is much appreciated. I am glad and reassured to hear of your positive experience before and during your private consultation, as well as the subsequent clear diagnosis and an agreed treatment plan. I am hopeful of your continued recovery with the right treatment and support, and the other helpful lifestyle changes that will inevitably take place. I look forward to reviewing your progress soon. I wish you all the very best for the future.

1st December 2021

I very recently attended an ADHD assessment with Dr Iqbal and was very happy with the whole assessment experience . I am 21 years old and throughout school and my early adult life struggled with symptoms consistent with ADHD. I have avoided seeking help for some time as feared feeling judged or made to feel that my difficulties were something that I should be able to control myself and could not be treated . I was made to feel very comfortable and Dr Iqbal who explained things clearly to me. This has helped enormously already as I have a better understanding of what may be causing my difficulties and reassured that there was things that can be done to help. I am due to start medication and have been given self help information to help me. I look forward to leaving further reviews of my progress once I have started treatment. Many thanks Dr Iqbal

22nd December 2021
Response from Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin

Many thanks for your helpful review, which is much appreciated. I am glad that you were very happy with the whole assessment experience. It was a pleasure to have assessed you for Adult ADHD. I look forward to treating you and helping you to recover in the coming months. All the very best for the future.

1st December 2021

Hiya, Thank you very much for helping me manage and treat my ADHD, I am very grateful for the transparency in prices at IAMPSYCHIATRY unlike other places in which it was unclear how much the titration process for medication would last and cost after the initial assessment. I also filled out forms pre assessment for free which meant that when I saw Dr Iqbal, we were fairly certain I had ADHD so I felt reassured I wasn’t wasting the money. Trying to know who to go to for treatment is overwhelming especially when there isn’t all the information, so I really appreciated how clear the online site for IAM is and how structured the last couple months have been in terms of follow-up appointments. I really have felt like Dr Iqbal has treated me like an equal and that he wants what is best for me. He supported me through trying out both Elvanse and then Concerta in which i settled on 36mg, and he sent me the new prescription very fast for when I felt like the 54mg dosage was too high and wanted to go back down to 36. If i need help again in the future with ADHD or with something else, i will return to IAMPYSCHIATRY. thank you , Anna

22nd December 2021
Response from Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin

Thank you so much for your constructive and helpful feedback, which is much appreciated. I am glad that you chose IamPsychiatry and found our website clear and transparent. It has been a pleasure assessing, diagnosing and treating you for Adult ADHD. You are now on the right medication at the right dose for your continued recovery. I would be happy to review your progress again in the future. I wish you all the very best.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin is a British GMC registered doctor in the UK since 1999, and an NHS Psychiatrist since 2000. He has been practicing as a private Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry since 2008. He has special interests in Psychotherapy, Addictions Psychiatry, and Adult ADHD. He has successfully treated hundreds of NHS and private patients with a wide variety of mental health problems including Adult ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, Psychosis, Alcoholism with Home Alcohol Detox, and Addiction. He is also a Medical Cannabis Clinician treating anxiety, insomnia, and PTSD when other more traditional treatments have failed. Private consultation is offered face to face, or by Online video throughout the UK by Skype, Zoom, MS Teams, Apple FaceTime, Telephone, or email. Dr Mohiuddin is fully indemnified by the Medical Protection Society for private medical and psychiatric practice. He is a Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych). He is on the GMC Specialist Register for General Psychiatry. He is passionate about mental and physical health, and your safe and timely recovery. Call Pam on 0800 779 7800 to book a private consultation today.

Nearest Psychiatrists