Dr Ilan Lieberman

I am a full time consultant in Pain Medicine, I am both proud and privileged to work within the NHS at University Hospitals of South Manchester NHS Trust, where I have worked in the Pain Medicine Clinic since 2001. I also see patients on a private basis. I look after patients with the following types of problems. Back pain, neck pain, neuropathic pain syndromes, myofascial pain syndromes, central sensitization, phantom pain, complex regional pain syndromes, CRPS, fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathic pain, MS related pain, Refractory Angina,Whiplash. I undertake spinal injections on a regular basis including cervical and lumbar epidurals, facet injections, facet denervation for chronic back pain, knee joint denervation for chronic knee pain, stellate ganglion blocks, botox and steroid trigger point injections for myofascial pain. I work within a multidisciplinary team and teach on our group based pain management program.

23rd September 2019

I have been a patient of Dr Lieberman for around 16 years. I had tried many pain medications before being referred to the Baguley Pain clinic, none worked for me. They either didn't lessen the pain or made my brain so befuddled I was sleeping the day away, every day, which is not a life I wanted. I have regular Lidocaine infusions at the clinic. They don't take all the pain away but reduces it to a level I can cope with. I know they don't work for everyone. I did try other treatments at the clinic before the infusions but they didn't work for me. If something doesn't work Dr Lieberman will keep trying until he finds what does work for a patient. He is an amazing consultant, kind and very supportive. He also has an incredibly dedicated, caring and equally supportive staff team working with him. They make each visit as easy and comfortable as possible.

15th July 2019

Dr. Ilan Lieberman was fantastic he listened to everything I told him about what was wrong with me and then he explained by using plain simple English and easy to understand diagrams about my condition

5th May 2019

Dr Lieberman is my absolute hero. He and his staff have completely transformed my life. He listened to me, also explained to me what I was experiencing and why. His compassion and kindness is unbelievable. He is also the most approachable Dr. I have ever met. I actually look forward to going for my treatment as you feel like part of a family. I cannot praise Dr Lieberman all of his team and the clinic enough. They should be used as an example of what good care is.

Written by a patient at The Wilmslow Hospital
11th March 2019

After 13 years of pain from a knee replacement, and having seen five surgeons, I was lucky enough to see Dr. Lieberman. He listened to me with great patience, and then suggested patches to alleviate the pain; so far, after a month, the trauma has been greatly reduced - I can hardly believe it. Such a pity NHS North West doesn't accept the validity of these patches - perhaps eventually they will change their minds, they certainly should.

Nearest Pain medicine specialists