Dr Ilan Lieberman

I am a full time consultant in Pain Medicine, I am both proud and privileged to work within the NHS at University Hospitals of South Manchester NHS Trust, where I have worked in the Pain Medicine Clinic since 2001. I also see patients on a private basis. I look after patients with the following types of problems. Back pain, neck pain, neuropathic pain syndromes, myofascial pain syndromes, central sensitization, phantom pain, complex regional pain syndromes, CRPS, fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathic pain, MS related pain, Refractory Angina,Whiplash. I undertake spinal injections on a regular basis including cervical and lumbar epidurals, facet injections, facet denervation for chronic back pain, knee joint denervation for chronic knee pain, stellate ganglion blocks, botox and steroid trigger point injections for myofascial pain. I work within a multidisciplinary team and teach on our group based pain management program.

6th August 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Very professional, listened to my concerns and came up with a plan for treatment.

2nd August 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

This doctor is the first doctor that explained to me what fibromyalgia actually is in simple terms that I could understand. He is friendly and easy to talk to. I was able to ask questions and didn't feel rushed. I've seen a lot of doctors and this is the best consultant I have ever seen! I felt so relieved after the appointment as I finally understood my condition and the methods to improve it. :)

17th July 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Dr Lieberman has always dealt with my treatment with care and understanding giving full explanations with regard to the potential effects, I have been treated with respect and dignity on all occasions by both himself and supporting staff and I feel confident regarding the outcome.

16th February 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I received the best care and treatments. The staff at wythenshawe pain clinic were fantastic.

15th January 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Absolute brilliant doctor put me so at ease as i was nervous iv been having epidurals years but first with doctor lieberman as should of had my epidural early november butmy normal doctor was on leave. Dr lieberman came explained what he was goin to do to me then we went in theatre.the procedure started and during it i felt some paim dr lieberman stopped instantly and reassured me it was ok then carried on b4 i knew it it was all over. I watched my BP all time i had the BP CUFF ON and my BP didnt go up with worry ! I felt in safe hands and trusted dr lieberman and it was first time meeting him. Went home 1 happy lady ...JUST ONE PROBLEM ???...choose some better music than BOB DYLAN LOL !!!

Nearest Pain medicine specialists