Dr Ilan Lieberman

I am a full time consultant in Pain Medicine, I am both proud and privileged to work within the NHS at University Hospitals of South Manchester NHS Trust, where I have worked in the Pain Medicine Clinic since 2001. I also see patients on a private basis. I look after patients with the following types of problems. Back pain, neck pain, neuropathic pain syndromes, myofascial pain syndromes, central sensitization, phantom pain, complex regional pain syndromes, CRPS, fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathic pain, MS related pain, Refractory Angina,Whiplash. I undertake spinal injections on a regular basis including cervical and lumbar epidurals, facet injections, facet denervation for chronic back pain, knee joint denervation for chronic knee pain, stellate ganglion blocks, botox and steroid trigger point injections for myofascial pain. I work within a multidisciplinary team and teach on our group based pain management program.

11th March 2019
Written by a patient at The Wilmslow Hospital

After 13 years of pain from a knee replacement, and having seen five surgeons, I was lucky enough to see Dr. Lieberman. He listened to me with great patience, and then suggested patches to alleviate the pain; so far, after a month, the trauma has been greatly reduced - I can hardly believe it. Such a pity NHS North West doesn't accept the validity of these patches - perhaps eventually they will change their minds, they certainly should.

6th August 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Very professional, listened to my concerns and came up with a plan for treatment.

2nd August 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

This doctor is the first doctor that explained to me what fibromyalgia actually is in simple terms that I could understand. He is friendly and easy to talk to. I was able to ask questions and didn't feel rushed. I've seen a lot of doctors and this is the best consultant I have ever seen! I felt so relieved after the appointment as I finally understood my condition and the methods to improve it. :)

17th July 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Dr Lieberman has always dealt with my treatment with care and understanding giving full explanations with regard to the potential effects, I have been treated with respect and dignity on all occasions by both himself and supporting staff and I feel confident regarding the outcome.

16th February 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I received the best care and treatments. The staff at wythenshawe pain clinic were fantastic.

Nearest Pain medicine specialists