dr-ilan-lieberman

Written by a patient at The Wilmslow Hospital
29th October 2020

After five years of agony I have finally found someone who listens intently and has made more suggestions in this consultation than any other medical professional has in five years. I finally know there are still options available to me following referrals all over the region. Thank you so much Dr. Lieberman. We now have a plan to move forwards.

29th July 2020

Great listener, understands what you are trying to convey and then points out the options. It is always a good experience seeing this Doctor.

21st July 2020

I had my first online appointment with Dr Lieberman today and even in a short period I felt I came out with a much better understanding of my condition, and a much more solid answer than I have had in the past 4 years from seeing many doctors. I feel confident going forward that we have a plan in place to manage my care/pain and hopefully in the future get me to a more stable point. Thank you for listening and taking the time to explain everything to me, I look forward to the next step!

11th March 2020

I was not listened to by this doctor and was told many times that the pain is in my head. Whilst I understand that some pain can relate back to an accident, mine is most certainly not that. The pain I feel is true & honest. After requesting that my MRI is analysed by a specialist in that area I was told that is not possible & injection is the only option I am left with.

4th March 2020

I came to my initial appointment at Pain Clinic feeling slightly foolish, as no obvious physical cause had been found for my pain, which could be mild one day and debilitating the next, I just knew it was called Fibromyalgia. Also, as a health professional myself, it is sometimes difficult to reach out for help, however Dr Lieberman put me at ease, listened carefully, and was non-judgemental. He gave an excellent, understandable explanation (with illustration) of what was happening within my body to make me feel such pain. I really appreciated Dr Lieberman’s holistic approach, and also his suggestion to try some non-medical methods initially, including using some natural products, graded exercise, and attending an information session about different ways to manage pain. Dr Lieberman also made it clear that I could get in touch if I needed to (giving me a contact card), which made me feel really supported. I came out of my appointment with a much better understanding of my pain, and not feeling foolish any more. Thank you so much to Dr Lieberman and his team, you are a credit to the NHS.

I am a full time consultant in Pain Medicine, I am both proud and privileged to work within the NHS at University Hospitals of South Manchester NHS Trust, where I have worked in the Pain Medicine Clinic since 2001. I also see patients on a private basis. I look after patients with the following types of problems. Back pain, neck pain, neuropathic pain syndromes, myofascial pain syndromes, central sensitization, phantom pain, complex regional pain syndromes, CRPS, fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathic pain, MS related pain, Refractory Angina,Whiplash. I undertake spinal injections on a regular basis including cervical and lumbar epidurals, facet injections, facet denervation for chronic back pain, knee joint denervation for chronic knee pain, stellate ganglion blocks, botox and steroid trigger point injections for myofascial pain. I work within a multidisciplinary team and teach on our group based pain management program.

Nearest Pain medicine specialists