Dr Ian Tolley

21st August 2019

I left the surgery after moving to Colkirk, but I have to say that I have yet to find a better practice. I always found the reception staff polite and welcoming. Dr. Tolley was always my preferred GP. He listened and never made my consultation feel rushed, I was always treated with respect and, in turn, I felt I had received a diagnosis which was explained to me in plain English. So, if your looking for a doctor who’s open and honest with you and doesn’t faff about, then I would highly recommend this doctor without hesitation.

Written by a carer at Hellesdon Medical Practice
17th May 2019

Dr Tolley seems more concerned about the cost of medication and treatment than treating someone's illness. He seems to have a problem with time keeping, and when he's stressed (which is often) he is not a good listener. He makes his mind up very quickly what the issue is and what the treatment is and then spends a lot of energy trying to make the patient fit that. This has led to a number of incorrect diagnosis, one potentially dangerous. He also refuses to accept other opinions from specialists - although only when they are suggesting slightly more expensive medication though, not when they its cheaper. I agree with the idea that the NHS needs to work within budget, but Dr Tolley seems at odds with most other doctors. Not sure how the funding works but I am suspicious that the surgery finances are affected and this is first and foremost in his mind. Other doctors at the practice are much better in my opinion. I'm not usually one to run the NHS down and not a complainer, but I would avoid Dr Tolley if at all possible. Our family have all found him overbearing, not a good listener, and too full of what he thinks to pick up the real issue - this is much worse when he is stressed.

Written by a carer at Hellesdon Medical Practice
15th August 2016

My partner had to change surgeries because of this Dr. He made a mockery out of the long term illness she presented him with, she at his request had to visit him once a fortnight for many months due to her condition yet every fortnight exactly the same conversation took place with him muddling his way through years of irrelevant out of date health history and medication reviews. He Offered off the wall advice that her new GP couldn't believe a Dr of any credibility would even think let alone tell a patient , was disorganised to the point of being in total disarray and was hideously late even if you were his first appointment of the day. What patient could have confidence in a dr that has half eaten apple cores and bottles of Kalms amongst stacks of paperwork. New surgery, new GP, proper referral to the relevant specialist services and although my partner is still ill at least she is ill and has proper medical monitoring with a Dr that can confidently treat her and recognise when in patient admission is needed to make her medically safe....

1st August 2016

I have to say in all honesty , it's so refreshing to talk to a doctor who will talk with you regardless of time !! If you need that extra time he is there for you , he will allow you to leave feeling So much better than when you went in!! Yes people in the waiting room Huff and Puff and look at their IPhones and continue to text ,whomever will feel sorry for their waiting time !! These people are only thinking of themselves and Not thinking about anyone else who may need that bit more time than usual !! I think that makes for a very conscientious Doctor!! I think it proves a non patient Patient most times ! How sad

7th November 2015

Its important to go to doctor Tolley with all your symptoms. This carefully to what he has to say and dont interrupt his flow. I must say he is thorough and does refer to your health history available to him from your records. That's why he never rushes. I personally believe other doctors in the same practice get through the appointments very quickly because they are npt as thorough with looking further than what you present to them. Dr Tolley please continue with your excellent work.

Short link to review Dr Ian Tolley: http://iwgc.net/ekpm