Dr Ian Prenelle

• Psychiatry

29th March 2017

Dr Prenelle helped me through battles with depression caused by alcoholism. I cant thank him enough for his positive input in my care

20th March 2017

I saw Dr Prenelle for 7 years as an patient at multiple locations as the NHS mental health service for the area moved from Soho to King's Cross to Hampstead. For much of this time I was having great difficulty with functioning on a day to day basis. Dr Prenelle is without doubt the best psychiatrist and therapist I have ever had. His quiet manner and empathy is extremely calming and helped dramatically with the racing thoughts and feelings of panic I was suffering from. He would listen quietly and respond accordingly with very considered empathic thoughts and suggestions which helped me through my feelings. He also discussed medication with me taking into account my wishes and feedback when deciding on which to prescribe. Without his help I don't think I would be here today. With NHS changes my treatment was moved to a a different service. I recommend Dr Prenelle for his excellent treatment over the years.

14th May 2016

This psychiatrist speaks in dulcet tones but completely fails to listen to the patient. He is only interested in crisis measures only and has no time if feeling ill due to medicine side effects, suicidal feelings, or at a low ebb in mental health terms - despite pleading support and change of medicine . I've nearly killed myself on several occasions- there is no listening ear.

Nearest Psychiatrists