Dr Hywel Jones

Consultant anaesthetist with special interest in Endocrine, ENT, Breast and Orthopaedic surgery.

• Anaesthetics and ITU

13th June 2017
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Top bloke. Great bedside manner, told me everything that I needed to know before during and after my operation and put my mind totally at ease.

12th June 2017
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

I had my right Thyroid removed a couple of days ago at Springfield and was very anxious as I suffer from quite bad hayfever. Mr Jones listened to my concerns and in theatre decided not to put tubes in my nose as he could see it was inflammed and decided to put tubes in my throat instead. He has a very calming way of explaining what is going to happen before the operation and it was lovely that he made a social visit the following day to give after care advice. I was at Springfield for a Saturday night. All the care I received there was brilliant. So fortunate I was there and had Mr Abdelkader, ENT surgeon, Mr Jones and their teams taking care of me.

26th May 2017
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

he is very friendly, totally explained the procedure in full to me, made sure i was happy with everything, checked on me afterwards, excellent patient care.

19th May 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

A very reassuring and humourous anesthetist. I can see how Dr Hywel Jones puts his patients at ease at a time of great anxiety. He explained the procedure sufficiently and roboustly but without causing alarm. I found my experience of this anesthetic procedure much less stressful than my last and certainly more comfortable.

14th May 2017
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Excellent bedside manner. Very professional. Explained everything regarding the anaesthetic prior to the operation. Took time Saturday and Sunday to manage my pain medication and to explain to me every aspects of recovery and pain control when home. I feel he went the extra mile rather than just treat me like a lot of the conveyer belt approach to patients. I have no hesitation in recommending Doctor Jones. I cannot thank him enough.

Short link to review Dr Hywel Jones: http://iwgc.net/eebai