Dr Hywel Jones

Consultant anaesthetist with special interest in Endocrine, ENT, Breast and Orthopaedic surgery.

3rd June 2018
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Jones was thoroughly professional with a great sense of humour, which put me at ease before my knee replacement surgery. He clearly explained the procedure and the medication I would be given post op. I cannot praise Dr Jones highly enough and should I ever need surgery at any time in the future I hope he will be my aneathatist.

23rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Jones ,from start to finish was fantastic in all aspects of his foresaid G&T treatment,felt very at ease with all aspects of his treatment and aftercare ,his old bedside manner was the best,an excellent anaesthetist ( I have had some experience through many operations).Thanks for your Great Help and Servive. Mark Ager.

21st May 2018
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Cannot speak too highly of Dr Jones.He saw me before my pre op appt for a unicompartmental knee replacement as I was a new patient to him this I found extremely beneficial especially as I am allergic to morphine.The analgesia he prescribed for me was excellent. He explained the spinal block to me and I chose to be conscious during the op.He talked to me throughout which I found very reassuring.His manner was second to none with a lovely sense of humour as well

19th May 2018
Written by a carer at Springfield Hospital

The patient had waited for many years but was unable to obtain a breast reduction operation on the NHS. She has learning disabilities. Doctor Hywel Jones, the anaesthetist and the surgeon took full account of her health and emotional situation and the outcome was little short of miraculous on all counts.

2nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Jones provided me with all the information I needed pre-operatively. He used language that was simple but explicit. I was quite apprehensive about having a spinal block, but he reassured me about the process. On the day he supplied the 'gin & tonic' and the next thing I remember was being told the operation (TKR) was over. Post operatively he visited me in the afternoon and evening to check my progress. He was careful to explain the plethora of drugs I would take home on discharge. Overall Dr Jones provided a professional, extremely competent and friendly approach with a delightful touch of humour.

Doctors working at Braintree Community Hospital