Dr Hywel Jones

Consultant anaesthetist with special interest in Endocrine, ENT, Breast and Orthopaedic surgery.

29th November 2016
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Dr Jones was my anaesthetist when I had to undergo an operation, in July 2016, being performed by Mr Simon Smith. I found Dr Jones to be very informative and caring together with a very good bedside manner - Thank You.

25th October 2016
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

Dr Hywel Jones was the anaesthetist for my total thyroidectomy. He is an incredibly friendly doctor who went through everything with me before the procedure and also came round to see me after the operation. He could not have done any more than he did to provide great care.

14th October 2016
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Jones was very thoughtful and made me at feel ease from the start , and kept me informed throughout the operation, as I had this with a epidural.

7th October 2016
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Hywel Jones was the anaesthetist for my tonsillectomy. The information he gave pre op was excellent and delivered with patience and good humour. He fully took on board the issues I have with anaesthetic - I have Ehlers Danlos type 3, and ensured I was operated on at the beginning of the theatre list as well as prescribing additional medication to counteract the effects of NSAID medication. Consequently my whole experience of the procedure and the recovery period has been excellent and I have had little to no pain. This was my first experience of surgery and general anaesthetic without any problems and I am extremely grateful for the exemplary care he gave me. I cannot think of any way in which he could improve.

2nd October 2016
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

On Friday 30th September 2016 I had a Septoplasty procedure at Springfield Hospital in Chelmsford and Dr. Hywel Jones was my Anaesthetist. He came to see me prior to the operation and having explained fully his role in the procedure, he made me feel totally at ease and took away all the fears I had regarding my operation. He was the last person I saw before falling asleep and the first person I saw when I awoke in the Recovery Room. If I have to have any operations in the future, I would really want Dr. Hywel Jones to be my Anaesthetist again. I would thoroughly recommend him.

Short link to review Dr Hywel Jones: http://iwgc.net/eebai