Dr Hywel Jones

Consultant anaesthetist with special interest in Endocrine, ENT, Breast and Orthopaedic surgery.

21st April 2017
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Very helpful and friendly and gave me good information

10th April 2017
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

I visited Springfield hospital to have a lump removed from my breast. Mr Jones was thorough with his explanation regarding surgery. He put me at ease going into theatre and all the staff were caring and informative. I would highly recommend their services.

7th April 2017
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Jones was very clear in explaining the anaesthesia options for my recent procedure (total knee replacement) and described each option in great, but easy to understand, detail. He did not pressure me into choosing any particular one. When he was administering the anaesthetic it was completely painless and he was very reassuring. During the procedure I was totally awake and he was constantly keeping me up to date on the progress as and when I requested and answered my questions clearly and concisely which I found very useful. Throughout the entire process he was extremely reassuring and I was totally at ease.

5th April 2017
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I had an op yesterday to remove a lump from my saliva gland, being a very anxious person I was petrified of being put to sleep, Dr Jones explained to me what was going to happen and put me totally at ease, I don't even remember falling asleep , he is a magic man , and I would certainly recommend him , no hesitation. Thankyou Dr Jones. Also the whole of the staff from start to finish that looked after me were brilliant.

30th March 2017
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

I was recently an NHS day patient for removal of nasal polyps, the care and treatment could not have been better anywhere. the procedure was carefully explained to me by Mr Jones which put my mind completely at ease. I was extremley impressed by the whole team, consultant, nurses and every one I cam into contact with. Following not great experiences in Queens Hospital Romford over the last few years,this has completely restored my faith in the NHS, it is just a shame that other hospitals do not follow the example set here

Nearest Anaesthetists and ITU specialists