Dr Hywel Jones

Consultant anaesthetist with special interest in Endocrine, ENT, Breast and Orthopaedic surgery.

11th October 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

The care and consideration taken whilst I was given my anaesthetic was second to none. Mr Jones was patient with his explanations and made sure that I was happy with the proceedure. He gave me reassurance and confidence and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to others. I felt safe and confident in his care. I would like to thank him and the team at Broomfield for all the care they have given me.

8th October 2018
Written by a patient at Broomfield Hospital

I am so pleased with the care I received from Dr Hywel Jones at Broomfield for my recent surgery. I felt so safe and I really feel like he went the extra mile to put my mind at ease. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

6th October 2018
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

I met dr Hywel-jones on the day of my procedure 13/9 I was very nervous and anxious but as soon as he introduced himself to me I felt very relaxed and at ease. He is a lovely man who is very good at relaxing and calming a person down. I couldn’t be happier with the care I received

26th September 2018
Written by a patient at The Chelmsford Hospital

Dr Hywel Jones was the anaesthetist for my surgery, performed by Mr S. Smith in February 2018. I met him for the first time on the day of my procedure but was instantly put at ease from the moment he introduced himself. Everything was explained to me about the whole process and he even came to see me after the operation, on his way out to another hospital. A very friendly and professional doctor who I would not hesitate seeing again (but hopefully not too soon!).

21st September 2018
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Hi, I was very nervous today 21/09/18 but Dr Jones genuinely listened to me, was very knowledgeable about the medicine, the process and very empathic. He told me not to worry, that it would be fine and it was. I would definitely ask for him again should I need any surgery in the future, a thoroughly interesting and nice man, the sort of guy that you could talk to for ages. The NHS is lucky to have people like him. Also on a side note the nurse that checked me in and the two nurses that looked after me were great! Thanks, Clifford Robinson-Hull 07855 327807

Doctors working at Braintree Community Hospital