19th June 2022

Dr Maksoud is such a brilliant doctor. He has a wonderful way about him and his approach is superb. He’s caring, he listens and he explains things so simply. Moreover, Dr Maksoud is one of the most knowledgeable doctors that I have had the pleasure to come across. Dr Maksoud now sees our whole and wider family regularly and we have benefited greatly. Thank you

10th June 2022

Dr Maksoud has been an absolute godsend. After nearly 20 years of banging my head against a brick wall with Doctors not listening to me, making me feel like I am making things up, sitting in tears in their offices and getting nowhere, I had finally found someone that listened and believed me. Dr Maksoud changed my medication, gave me some lifestyle changes to compliment these and my life has completely changed. My thyroid condition is now well managed, my PCOS is well on the way to being under control and my weight is finally coming off. The biggest skill that Dr Maksoud has is making you feel like you are the most important patient that he looks after. Now that I have read his other reviews I realise we all feel that way! I originally anticipated seeing him for as long as it took to get "fixed". Now I can't envisage a time when I don't see him. I travel a long way to see Dr Maksoud and he is worth ever mile. I always leave his office smiling and feeling better than when I went in. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Written by a private patient at The Ramsay Woodthorpe Hospital
8th June 2022

I was recommended Dr Maksoud and it has been the best thing that has happened to me. He has given me my life back when my Doctors just didn’t listen. Thank you Dr Maksoud for all that you do to help me.

8th June 2022

I have been seeing Dr Maksoud now since 2017. In that time my health has greatly improved considering back in 2017 how Ill i was. Dr Maksoud listens with interest to your symptoms, never rushes you through an appointment and genuinely wants to get you to optimal health. I always look forward to my meetings with him no matter how I feel at the time because whatever you throw at him he explains what’s happening and why it may be happening and then how it can be resolved . He always checks you understand what he’s explaining to you and makes time for any questions you may have. In all my years of seeing Doctors / consultants I have never met anyone quite like him…….. he is kind , caring and an excels in his field . He is passionate about getting his patients well and will always go above and beyond. What a shame the world does not have more people like him in it - I must also praise not just him but also his excellent admin team ,who like Dr Maksoud will always do their upmost to ensure no added stress is put on you and deal with all your enquiries very efficiently . To any one seriously wondering whether to consult with him , I would say do not hesitate. I wished I done it much much sooner

8th June 2022

After 15 years of being ignored by a handful of doctors and specialists and being told to go to therapy and take anti-depressants, Dr Maksoud LISTENED to me. He saw my pain and fatigue and took the time to work out the puzzle. From being bed-ridden 50% of the time and unable to support myself, I now work full-time and have a normal life, being able to plan ahead for the future and make plans. Dr Maksoud is an incredible doctor and gave me my life back. I look forward to our regular check ups and have learned to follow his advice (after some resistance!). His team are also exceptionally polite and lovely to deal with. Don't hesitate to book an appointment.

Dr Hisham Maksoud was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Endocrinology

am a Consultant in Diabetes, Endocrinology, Metabolism and General Internal Medicine at the Derby, Lincoln ,Nottingham and London. After graduating from the Royal College of Surgeons Dublin, I gained significant clinical experience in both Diabetes and Endocrinology at the Oxford Teaching Hospitals. I have a specialist interest in Thyroid disease, PCOS, hirsutism, diabetes, obesity and endocrine disease.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists