31st August 2020

Dr Maksoud is a Doctor who actually listens. To say he has given me my life back is no understatement to make. He knows each patient by name and each patient is important to him in their own right. He always takes the time necessary to ensure a thorough and accurate diagnosis is made. He tentatively considers his actions and proceeds carefully. He leaves no stone unturned and is extremely professional in his manner. His knowledge is evident and yet he will seek a second opinion where necessary to ensure the very best care is given. He does not lose momentum when cases are complex and always seeks to help a patient get better. I would recommend Dr Maksoud a thousands times over. I am grateful to have been recommended to him by his collegue Dr Baig. My parents and I often say that making that first appointment 6 years ago was one of the best decisions we ever made.

30th August 2020

I consider Dr. Hisham Maksoud to be a truly outstanding medical practitioner.His vast medical knowledge, enthusiasm , empathic listening and positivity have been a huge and much valued support to me for over a decade. After struggling with significantly low levels of energy for a prolonged period of time l was eventually referred to Dr. Maksoud. How fortunate l was! With his kind unhurried expert assessment he diagnosed my problem: Hypothyroidism. I felt in very capable professional hands, as l continue to do , and responded well to his treatment as he fine tuned my medication over a period of time. At each consultation Dr. Maksoud explained the physiology of hypothyroidism and l felt with my greater understanding we could work together in its management. Some years passed and my fatigue became more pronounced and, again, Dr. Maksoud listened attentively to my concerns tailoring my medication with positive effect. For some time l felt stabilised but then a deeper fatigue presented along with other symptoms. As l was unable to obtain an appointment with my requested G.P. for some time l contacted Dr. Maksoud‘s secretary and explained my situation. Dr. Maksoud was able to see me that very day. His calm, kind professional assessment resulted in a referral to see a Neurologist who some weeks later confirmed a diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease. With Dr. Maksoud’s medical expertise and support , and that of the Neurologist , l feel that we can all work together for the best possible outcome. Dr. Maksoud gives me a feeling of security and empowerment which l so appreciate. I know Dr. Maksoud is dedicated to medicine and has a focused and energetic desire to both treat and inform his patients and, hopefully, to inform other medical professionals too. Thank you.

Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital
22nd August 2020

Hisham Maksoud saved my life. It sounds dramatic however after having recovered from breast cancer, followed by suspected secondaries my health spiralled. My GPs just kept prescribing tablet after tablet for high blood pressure, stress and depression amongst other things, resulting in huge weight gain, swelling limbs, unexplained falls, a list that went on. After reading all the side effects of the tablets I took the information to a new GP who took blood tests and then referred me to Endocrinology. My organs were beginning to fail, I was on the verge of diabetes and had exceedingly high cortisol levels. At this point I could not wait for the NHS and my husband and I researched consultants. Hisham Maksoud came out at the top and he was relatively local too. Hisham listened to me, asked me questions and went through all my blood test results one by one explaining to my husband and I everything in detail and in terms that we understood. He listened, he was patient, so kind and so very knowledgeable. My bloods told him everything and he in turn told me. Hisham wrote to my GP, organised other consultant appointments, scans, changed and reduced the number of tablets I was on, told me what my body was intolerant to, gave me an exercise plan and even made me a cup of tea because I was so emotional that somebody at last was listening to me and understanding. I have been under the care of Hisham since October 2019 and now we are August 2020. Hisham's goal is for me to loose 4 stone and to not be on tablets. I have listened to what he has told me to do and I have followed his instructions. My journey is not finished yet but so far I have lost 2.5 stone. I no longer have high blood pressure and I'm no longer taking high blood pressure tablets. I am not diabetic. I no longer have depression. My body and I are not stressed any more. I could not have done any of this without the help, guidance and support of Hisham Maksoud. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

20th August 2020

After years of ill health my GP suggested Dr Maksoud. Considering that I no longer had anything to lose and feeling as though I had a terminal illness I went for a consultation. Having seen numerous doctors and feeling as though no one was listening to what I was saying did not really give me much confidence I said the same to Dr Maksoud. Piece by piece we went through my medical history, everything discussed, blood tests checked and Dr Maksoud worked his way through my medical history. Informing me as to the conditions I had, Slowly and carefully we have worked together to adjust and control all issues as they have arisen. My health is not static, there is no one cure however Dr Maksoud has taught me what to look out for, what to keep check on, and how to adjust things within the limits he sets me. There as been a few bumps in the road and at times it has been a great struggle but I know that whatever comes my way Dr Maksoud is there supporting me and I am forever thankful for his care and dedication to his patients. On the odd occasion where I have had a query the team have always dealt with it usually within a couple of days. The team are also excellent in what they do. I completely trust Dr Maksoud with my care and I think we will be stuck with each other for years to come. I highly recommend Dr Maksoud for his care of patients and dedication to his work. The only criticism I could make is that the phone lines to the team are sometimes to crackly and low in volume. Dr Maksoud is brilliant at what he does, and his teams great to. If they were not I am the sort of character that would tell him, nicely of course.

9th August 2020

I have known Dr Maksoud for over 10 years having identified him as the best medical expert to resolve my increasingly serious problems when my GP failed to take them seriously. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable with a very calm and reassuring manner. He took immediate action and his pursuit of a diagnosis was relentless. His ongoing care has been enormously reassuring and I will always be very grateful to him for everything that he has done and continues to do. I have recommended him on a number of occasions and I am so pleased that he has been able to help my friends and family through very difficult and challenging times as he has me.

• Internal (General) Medicine