Dr Hisham Maksoud

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Endocrinology

27th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Nottingham Hospital

I have a long standing problem with Thyroid insufficiency, severe food intolerance, IBS and chronic fatigue. This has severely impacted my relationships, work, finances and quality of life. I have seen quite a few specialists and GP's over many years to no benefit as the condition gradually worsened. I recently saw a wonderful GP who agreed to refer me to Dr Maksoud as a private patient. I was very surprised and impressed by his attentive and positive attitude. He is very pleasant and polite with seemingly endless patience. I had made notes, drawn diagrams and rough charts to illustrate my condition over time, all of which he avidly read and copied for his notes with no pretension. They were really notes just to remind me of key points to mention. I can speak to him with ease as I would to a friend. After a series of blood tests he identified a number of underlying problems which have been addressed to tremendous benefit. I am currently still undergoing treatment which I expect will eventually be substantially reduced. The benefit of Dr Maksoud's treatment has been considerable with many symptoms eliminated and those remaining considerably reduced and my condition is still improving as the treatment is modified according to the results. This is way beyond my expectation based on previous experience. The benefit to my quality of life is very substantial. Dr Maksoud's proficiency is by far the most advanced of any medical professional I have encountered in my lifetime to date. He is also the most attentive, modest and affable. Based on my experience I can wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Maksoud without reservation.

4th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

I have been recently been visiting dr maksoud for a few issues I couldn't possibly recommend him highly enough he is the nicest kindest person he listens to every problem and gets it sorted straight away if everyone was as caring and nice as dr maksoud the world would be a wonderful place

7th March 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

I have been visiting Dr Maksoud regularly regarding Thyroid problems which I have been suffering with for a number of years. I cannot praise him enough his level of care and understanding from the minute you walk into his room until the minute you leave is exceptional. It is above and beyond anything I have experienced before with a consultant. He recommended surgery and the surgeon and my operation has been a total success. He is a truly wonderful man and I am so pleased I have been under his care and would whole heartedly recommend him to anybody looking to visit an Endocrinologist.

7th February 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

Saw Dr Maksoud today for the first time and he was wonderful. I feel as though he is the first person to listen to me for 20 years and I believe his diagnosis (different to NHS one) and I trust it when he says he can help me. I will re-review in 6 months but at this stage recommend him 100% in terms of care and knowledge.

15th October 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

I have seen medic after medic until I found Dr. Maksoud. Everyone should have a consultant like him. I was referred to an Endocrinologist around 9 months ago but I had heard such good reports about him I decided to go private. He is the most incredible person I have met... and I have met some. If it wasn't for him I don't know where I would be. Comparing how I feel now to how I felt 9 months ago there is no comparison. He is so knowledgeable about his field that I would trust him 100%. I still have a way to go but I now know there is a light at the end of the tunnel... and I am still sane and in the same stable relationship which I feared would come to an end if I didn't get help.. I would recommend Dr. Maksoud to anyone having issues with cortisol.. hormones...menopause... diabetes...male or female. I cannot thank him enough.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists