Dr Helmy Haja Mydin

• Chest Medicine
  • Internal (General) Medicine

8th December 2013
Written by a carer at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

Attended this Appointment with my mother who was quite nervous about her condition. Dr Helmy immediately put her at ease and allowed a lot of time for her to discuss her symptoms. He was also polite and considreate to both of us. He explained her planned treatment fully and she felt very pleased with how thorough he was and she didn't feel rushed in the slightest!

7th October 2013
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I found the care I received was really excellent and very informative about my future health care.

5th September 2013
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

First time I had met with Dr Mydin, found him very courteous and compassionate in the manner he explained to me results of tests, was very informative and would be happy to see him again.

21st August 2013
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

Dr Mydin saw me promptly and listened to me. This is a definite improvement on previous occasions at the same clinic with other doctors where there was significant waiting time. He felt that I'd be best placed to know how to carry on managing my ongoing condition which is true, however discussed matters thoroughly with me adn in a reassuring manner. Additional knowledge of my rare condition would be even more reassuring, but I appreciate that in these cases the symptoms etc tend to be different for every patient, and some of mine are atypical (and with only 1 in 10,000 people having it there's little scope for much experience of it). Anyone who is seeing Dr Mydin can be assured of his thorough and pleasant approach.

31st July 2013
Written by a patient at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary

I had not met this doctor before. He was courteous, considerate and asked relevant questions. He explained my test results well, listened well and engaged me in a very flexible discussion about whether or not to reduce my steroid dose. I expected this survey to be about the Chest Clinic as a whole because he had used words something like "to see how well we have done". On the card he gave me the words "To leave feedback for:" before his name were in light grey text so I did not notice them, and even if I had read them it would still have been ambiguous, i.e. he might have been the focal point for general comments. I even gave him feedback on the clinic during our consultation but he did not say "No, it's about me." Something makes me feel I should say this, but it did not influence my first three sentences above. If Dr Mydin is on LinkedIn I would be happy to receive news and updates by connecting with him.

Nearest Chest medicine specialists