Dr Helen Steel

26th August 2017
Written by a patient at Dr Kearley, Dr Chivers and Partners

I have a chronic condition which Dr Steel helps manages. I always feel I trust her judgement

18th July 2016
Written by a patient at Dr Kearley, Dr Chivers and Partners

Dr. Steel was incredibly rude and dismissive of my concerns. I am American, but currently studying at Oxford and I tried to explain to her the ongoing symptoms I have been dealing with. She completely dismissed the medication and prognosis my primary physician had made, even making a comment: "well, your doctor is in America and we are here. We don't prescribe this strong of medication here" in a snarky, condescending, quite frankly unacceptable tone. She shrugged off my descriptions of the pain and discomfort I was feeling, saying I was completely wrong and if I wanted further tests I was going to need to pay for it "because that's the way it works here." I will never agree to be seen by her again and warn others to do the same.

12th March 2016
Written by a patient at North Oxford Medical Centre

Dr Steel has been my doctor for about fifteen years. I have always felt I can rely entirely on her and have recommended her many times. Through all kinds of (mostly minor) problems, she has always listened closely, taken time, and referred me when necessary. She has always been kind and professional, and has always looked for a complete resolution. In all the time I've known her, I couldn't possibly fault her. I know I am not alone in my view.

19th November 2015
Written by a patient at North Oxford Medical Centre

I saw Dr Steel earlier this week. I find Dr Steel to be a highly skilled clinician who is always polite, compassionate and caring. She has a thoughtful and considerate interpersonal approach. At this latest consultation, she examined me physically, she listened carefully to me, sought to really understand my symptoms (as I was experiencing them), diagnosed me skilfully, and gave me the psychological support that I needed at the time. She is a very attentive listener - a very good quality in any professional. I really appreciated her expert medical care and her kind and thoughtful reassurance. Thank you Dr Steel.

4th December 2014
Written by a patient at Dr Kearley, Dr Chivers and Partners

Dr Steel had an extremely pleasant open manner and listened to me answering all my questions in a clear methodical manner which was both eloquent and informative. She had a kind and uplifting manner. Her recommendations were well explained and I was given a choice. With seamless efficiency she arranged the test and promptly phoned me with the results, suggesting a treatment plan with a full explanation of the follow-up procedure. Just the ticket.

Doctors working at North Oxford Medical Centre