Dr Helen Steel

13th December 2017
Written by a patient at Dr Kearley, Dr Chivers and Partners

Dr. Steel is honest, hard working and has a direct and open manner which I find refreshing. I have had multiple surgeries with recovery hindered by my domestic situation and a relationship breakdown at a time when I was discovered to be suffering from a somewhat rare and difficult to diagnose illness easily mistaken for acute hypochondria! (primary hyperparathyroidism). Dr. Steel worked tirelessly to unearth this mystery and has been supportive of my receiving care from a consultant psychologist to help me deal with the aftermath of these traumas.

11th December 2017
Written by a patient at Dr Kearley, Dr Chivers and Partners

I am a doctor myself, moved to Dr Steele a couple of years ago, recommended by two other doctor who are her patients. I believe her clinical judgement is second to none. She listens, is kind, and her manner is straightforward, which I like.

26th August 2017
Written by a patient at Dr Kearley, Dr Chivers and Partners

I have a chronic condition which Dr Steel helps manages. I always feel I trust her judgement

18th July 2016
Written by a patient at Dr Kearley, Dr Chivers and Partners

Dr. Steel was incredibly rude and dismissive of my concerns. I am American, but currently studying at Oxford and I tried to explain to her the ongoing symptoms I have been dealing with. She completely dismissed the medication and prognosis my primary physician had made, even making a comment: "well, your doctor is in America and we are here. We don't prescribe this strong of medication here" in a snarky, condescending, quite frankly unacceptable tone. She shrugged off my descriptions of the pain and discomfort I was feeling, saying I was completely wrong and if I wanted further tests I was going to need to pay for it "because that's the way it works here." I will never agree to be seen by her again and warn others to do the same.

12th March 2016
Written by a patient at North Oxford Medical Centre

Dr Steel has been my doctor for about fifteen years. I have always felt I can rely entirely on her and have recommended her many times. Through all kinds of (mostly minor) problems, she has always listened closely, taken time, and referred me when necessary. She has always been kind and professional, and has always looked for a complete resolution. In all the time I've known her, I couldn't possibly fault her. I know I am not alone in my view.

Doctors working at North Oxford Medical Centre