Dr Hector Chinoy

Primary Specialty Rheumatology Qualifications PhD, FRCP, MSc, BMBS, BMedSci Professional Memberships General Medical Council Member of the Royal College of Physicians Medical Protection Society British Society for Rheumatology American College of Rheumatology British Medical Association Clinical Interests General rheumatology, musculoskeletal pain, pain syndromes, osteoarthritis, muscle disease (inflammatory), rheumatoid arthritis, connective tissue disease, soft tissue rheumatism, osteoporosis Research Interests Inflammatory myopathy and muscle disorders Psoriatic arthritis Year Qualified 1996 Main NHS Hospital Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust Professional profile Dr Hector Chinoy is a Senior Clinical Lecturer and Consultant Rheumatologist. At Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, he looks after about 1,000 patients per year with a variety of musculoskeletal complaints as part of general rheumatology, specialist neuromuscular, combined psoriatic arthritis-psoriasis clinic, and in-patient work. He is also principal investigator on a number of clinical trials. Outside of the NHS, he has private consulting rooms at BMI Alexandra Hospital, Cheadle, and Spire Manchester Hospital, Didsbury, for both general and specialist conditions, on a Wednesday and Friday evening. He is also employed by The University of Manchester, where he is actively involved with research and the education of medical students and doctors, and is Programme Director for the Clinical Rheumatology MSc Programme. Dr Chinoy has authored over 90 research articles in international peer-reviewed journals, has presented multiple research abstracts in national and international conferences, and is considered to be a global expert in inflammatory myopathy. He has recently edited an Oxford Rheumatology Library textbook on Myositis. Dr Chinoy firmly believes in the importance of clear, open communication with patients and sufferers of musculoskeletal conditions. He sees a wide range of rheumatic diseases at Salford Royal and closely works alongside a multidisciplinary team of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses and podiatrists. Many rheumatic diseases cannot be cured, but accurate diagnosis and focused management/treatment can help significantly to improve pain, disability and quality of life. On completing his medical degree at the University of Nottingham in 1996, Dr Chinoy carried out medical training in Nottingham, Sheffield and Manchester. He trained in Rheumatology in the North West from 2001-2009. He completed an Arthritis Research UK Fellowship at The University of Manchester, and was awarded a PhD in 2007. In 2009 he became a Consultant Rheumatologist and in 2010 was awarded a Senior Clinical Lectureship in Rheumatology. Research interests include immunogenetic risk factors and how these correlate with novel serological biomarkers and clinical outcomes. He is co-chair of UKMYONET, a national consortium which fosters collaborative research in inflammatory myopathy. Dr Chinoy is also chair of the Euromyositis Registry, a web-based consortium which collects standardised clinical data in 8 countries. He is a reviewer for a number of peer-reviewed journals and an Associate Editor of Arthritis & Rheumatology. Dr Chinoy is the Royal College of Physicians Representative on the Specialised Rheumatology Clinical Reference Group for NHS England. Links: University of Manchester profile https://www.research.manchester.ac.uk/portal/Hector.Chinoy.html Personal profile http://hectorchinoy.co.uk/ Follow Dr Chinoy’s tweets http://twitter.com/drhectorchinoy Arthritis Research UK patient information site http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information.aspx National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society website http://www.nras.org.uk/

20th June 2016
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Chinoy has the perfect balance of extreme compassion and intelligence. His care of me was nothing short of wonderful and whilst I am now being referred elsewhere, I will always hold him in the highest of esteem. I have seen numerous consultants in my life and he will always be exemplary to me Manju Taneja

12th May 2016
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Hector has been fantastic. Since I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis in September 2014 he talked me through all of the options available to me and managed my expectations in terms of the timeline that could ensue. He also understood how important it was for me to find a solution because I own and manage my own business and with 500 people and three factories relying on me, my output was severely affected by my health and state of mind while I was ill. Since I started taking Humira the effects were immediate and I can only thank Hector for helping me find a solution to a problem which I didn't think I would overcome.

12th December 2013
Written by a patient at Bridgewater Wellness Clinic

I went to see Dr Chinoy after suffering a multitude of unrelated symptoms - he was very patient and found the root of the problem and also reassured me.

6th June 2013
Written by a patient at Bridgewater Wellness Clinic

I would highly recommend Dr Chinoy. He was very thorough and listened closely to all my symptoms. He then explained in detail the likely condition and answered the myriad of questions I had in a very simple manner. He was then kind enough to email me links to relevant websites so I could do some reseach of my own. He was very professional throughout.

Nearest Rheumatologists