Dr Heather Scott

25th May 2015
Written by a patient at Bethesda Medical Centre

Dr Scott has a very caring manner and really wants to get to know her patients. She seems to have a particular interest in mental health, which could be a blessing for some but was quite the opposite for me. I went to see her with a physical health problem. She spent the whole appointment talking generally about my mental health (I'd had previous problems but was mentally fine at this time). When the time was up I asked her what she was going to do about my actual physical problem - the one I had given up a morning from work to see her about. The one that was actually causing me concern. She told me to come back another time. So I took ANOTHER morning off work for a second appointment. And she did the same thing, talked only about my mental health - which was not a problem - and paid no attention to the physical complaint I come about. At the end of the appointment I asked AGAIN what she was going to do about my physical health problem. "I don't want to deal with that at the moment" she said. So basically I wasted two mornings discussing HER agenda, rather than MY problems. She seemed to have the idea that I would come in for regular chats with her just because I had a mental health problem in the past. I have a job. Who has time for that? I booked a THIRD appointment, took a THIRD morning off work and asked to see another doctor. I ended up seeing another Dr Scott - her husband - who was a moody, rude, cold and strange man. But at least he actually dealt with the problem I was having and didn't totally waste my time. Turned out I have quite a serious physical disorder. But Dr Heather Scott failed to spot that because she didn't listen and was too concerned with pointless chit chat. Ironically, her misguided concern with my mental health caused me anxiety and stress where previously there had been none.

3rd February 2015
Written by a patient at Bethesda Medical Centre

Dr H Scott is a really good doctor and a nice person

3rd February 2015
Written by a patient at Bethesda Medical Centre

dr scott is patient, empathetic, and understanding. She genuinely seems to care about her patients. she is especially good with mental health, and addiction, and women's issues.

13th December 2014
Written by a patient at Bethesda Medical Centre

Dr Heather Scott always listens, seems to understand and treats me with respect.

8th October 2014
Written by a patient at Bethesda Medical Centre

I have been a patient of Dr Scott for a number of years and have always received great care.