Dr Heather Carr-White

10th March 2017
Written by a patient at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

Dr Carr-White has an excellent reputation and there is usually a longer wait to get an appointment because she is so well respected. I booked an apt to see her about my hip. I was 64 years old at the time and no longer able to fell walk and was bent double for about 2 mins after sitting. Dr Carr White examined me and sent me away telling me that I was "doing well for your age". I took this on board and put up with it for another year and eventually went to see a private physiotherapist. She told me that I had a bursar and I should go back to my GP and request a guided cortisone injection. This I did (different doctor) and this treatment has been like a miracle. I'm completely restored. I confess that I do feel abit aggrieved by Dr Carr Whites attitude to my age and that I spent a year "hobbling" needlessly. Nowadays, the average women's life expectancy is 83 and rising. So I don't think it is acceptable to start giving up on people in their 60's.

11th February 2016
Written by a patient at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

Amazing woman. I have only seen her once as she's not my GP but that visit was so well handled, she was very pro-active in getting in touch with the hospital team but also extremely reasuring to me at a difficult time.

3rd November 2015
Written by a patient at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

By far the best GP in the practice. Constructive, communicative, pro-active - couldn't be better

16th April 2015
Written by a patient at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

I find Dr Carr White to be a model of thoroughness and compassion.

28th March 2015
Written by a patient at Old Cottage Hospital Surgery

A very caring doctor who puts you at ease with her patience and understanding of your concerns. She always listens to what you say and never makes you feel rushed through the appointment. The only problem is getting to see her as she is so popular!

Short link to review Dr Heather Carr-White: http://iwgc.net/een3a