Dr Haroun Gajraj

Dr Haroun Gajraj is a vascular surgeon with a specialist interest in varicose veins, thread veins and related vein complications. He treats veins on the legs, face and hands and has over 30 years experience. Formerly an NHS consultant for 13 years, Dr Gajraj specialises exclusively in non-surgical walk in, walk out treatments under local anaesthetic in VeinCare clinics in Dorset, Somerset and Bristol. For more information see www.theveincarecentre.co.uk or call 0800 698 3467 (01935 873 951)

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

31st March 2016
Written by a patient at Transform Medical Group, Bristol

Excellent treatment and care by Dr Gajraj and his staff. Nothing was too much trouble and the treatment was a total success. I liked very much the fact that I could have this done locally to where I live and work. It was one of the original decision-making points.

1st February 2016
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

After a very full discussion with Dr Gajraj, I decided to have a varicose vein treated using Clarivein. He suggested this particular treatment because I have multiple sclerosis and it is the least invasive. The procedure only needed one local anaesthetic injection and was almost completely painless, just a little "scratching" at one point which only lasted one or two seconds. Afterwards, I had just two small very pale bruises, which really surprised me as I bruise very easily. There was also a pale white line along my leg following the line of the treated vein. Both the bruises and the line disappeared within a week. Dr Gajraj has a very pleasant manner, always making sure I felt comfortable and maintaining my dignity as far as possible during examination and treatment. He gave very full information about treatment options and at no time did I feel under any pressure to have any particular treatment, or any treatment at all! Generally, I have been delighted with the results of the Clarivein treatment. My walking had deteriorated as my MS has progressed but, since the varicose vein was treated, I find that walking needs less effort, and I do not need to use my splints (SAFOs) for shorter walks. LH (Dorset)

10th January 2016
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

I saw Dr Gajraj for treatment of a varicose vein. He explained fully all the options to me and suggested I consider Clarivein. The reason for this was that I have Multiple Sclerosis and it would be the least invasive. The procedure was very simple and painless apart from a very little "scratching" for one or two seconds on one occasion. Afterwards there were only two slight bruises on my leg, which surprised me as I bruise very easily. There was also a pale line down my leg. Both the bruises and the white line disappeared within the week. I had no adverse after effects and no pain after the treatment. My MS means that I have limited mobility and, to my delight, my walking proved to need less effort after the treatment. Dr Gajraj has a very pleasant manner and I never felt under any pressure regarding treatment. He was helpful and informative, always ensuring that I was comfortable and maintaining my dignity as far as possible.

19th November 2015
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

Dr. Gajraj is very patient and meticulous. I felt completely confident in his care. Dr. Gajraj and his team made me feel relaxed and at ease when I was nervous about my procedure. I am so happy with my results so far and I know that I can always contact him if I have any concerns or questions. He takes great care during follow up procedures to make sure that I am happy. I would definitely recommend anyone to go to him if they need some vein care.

11th November 2015
Written by a patient at Transform Medical Group, Bristol

From the first phone contact and the consultation to helping me obtain the correct support stockings. I can not fault the care and professional way I was treated.

Short link to review Dr Haroun Gajraj: http://iwgc.net/echh6