Dr Haroun Gajraj

Dr Haroun Gajraj is a vascular surgeon with a specialist interest in varicose veins, thread veins and related vein complications. He treats veins on the legs, face and hands and has over 30 years experience. Formerly an NHS consultant for 13 years, Dr Gajraj specialises exclusively in non-surgical walk in, walk out treatments under local anaesthetic in VeinCare clinics in Dorset, Somerset and Bristol. For more information see www.theveincarecentre.co.uk or call 0800 698 3467 (01935 873 951)

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

12th February 2017
Written by a patient at Transform Medical Group, Bristol

I first consulted Dr Gajraj in January 2014 when I had a very painful ulcer on my leg, it was being dressed by a nurse, but there was no improvement, Dr Gajraj assured me he could heal the ulcer within weeks, with compression stockings, which I started wearing at the end of February, and I was free of ulcers by mid April, with no more trouble since. I saw Gajraj again recently for reassurance as I am hoping to go on a long haul flight, after a scan he has assured me I am at no more risk of DVT than anyone else. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr Gajraj to anyone with vein problems. With many thanks Rosemary Hill.

26th February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you Mrs Hill for your kind feedback. Leg ulcers are very distressing and I was delighted that your ulcer healed so quickly with the correct treatment. For the majority of people, standard advice will avoid recurrence or other complications such as DVT on long haul flights.

9th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

The rural setting of the Melbury clinic was very inviting and the interior had a pleasant atmosphere which was clean and attractive. The care I received was very friendly and professional with excellent advise for ongoing treatment. My wife will certainly be making an appointment for treatment of her veins. The advantage for us is that it was local to the West Country and having Googled phlebitis, came across Dr Gajraj's website which was very well presented with clear and comprehensive information about vascular problems. We had no hesitation in making an appointment.

10th February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you for your feedback. The Melbury Clinic does its best to be responsive and caring. In addition, our public Youtube channel offers a freely available resource to the community on subjects such as phlebitis, varicose eczema and leg ulceration. https://www.youtube.com/theveincarecentre

1st February 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

This is the first time I have ever sought medical advice outside of the NHS and, despite the positive reviews I had read about the Melbury Clinic, I was a little apprehensive. However, I was made to feel very welcome by Dr Gajraj and put at ease from the start of the consultation. My reasons for referral and medical history were discussed in detail and the following examination, using ultrasound, was very thorough. For several reasons, I was advised against undergoing treatment. This decision was explained fully. I am disappointed that there is no suitable treatment for me at the moment, but thankful for Dr Gajraj's professionalism and honesty.

2nd February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you for this review. All of us at The Melbury Clinic VeinCare Centre understand how apprehensive people are when they seek medical advice. On some occasions, we advise against treatment for veins after a thorough discussion of the treatment options, the potential risks and benefits. Our aim to empower our patients to make informed choices about their health.

1st February 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

Friendly, comforting, informative and polite. A very pleasant experience, considering.

31st January 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

Fantastic service and care from Mr Gajraj. Always available to help and answer any questions even when I had a slight worry at a weekend the care and support during and after my treatment was 100%. I Would highly recommend to anybody thinking of having treatment to use Mr Gajraj. Mr L Evans . Weymouth.

2nd February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you Mr Evans. At the Melbury Clinic VeinCare Centre, we aim to help our patients in making informed choices about their treatment, and to provide the physical and emotional support care they need during and after treatment. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons