Dr Haroun Gajraj

Dr Haroun Gajraj is a vascular surgeon with a specialist interest in varicose veins, thread veins and related vein complications. He treats veins on the legs, face and hands and has over 30 years experience. Formerly an NHS consultant for 13 years, Dr Gajraj specialises exclusively in non-surgical walk in, walk out treatments under local anaesthetic in VeinCare clinics in Dorset, Somerset and Bristol. For more information see www.theveincarecentre.co.uk or call 0800 698 3467 (01935 873 951)

• Vascular and Transplant Surgery

31st January 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

Fantastic service and care from Mr Gajraj. Always available to help and answer any questions even when I had a slight worry at a weekend the care and support during and after my treatment was 100%. I Would highly recommend to anybody thinking of having treatment to use Mr Gajraj. Mr L Evans . Weymouth.

2nd February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you Mr Evans. At the Melbury Clinic VeinCare Centre, we aim to help our patients in making informed choices about their treatment, and to provide the physical and emotional support care they need during and after treatment. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

29th January 2017
Written by a carer at Transform Medical Group, Southampton

Treatment for Bilateral Radiofrequency Ablation, Sclerotherapy and Phlebectomy on 26.1.17 I accompanied my husband to The Transform Clinic, Southampton . Mr Gajraj was very kind, professional and patient. My husband had never had any sort of procedure before and was very nervous. However, the staff put him at ease and during the procedure, he in fact, felt relaxed. The staff were efficient and so kind. We had a lovely cup of tea together afterwards and a chat with them. There was plenty of opportunity to ask questions about how it went and aftercare. The standard of hygiene was excellent. Two days later and it was time for me to remove the dressings. Unbelieveable! Apart from tiny pinholes, there is nothing to see. Also, my husband hasn't needed any pain relief at all. The whole experience has been exceptional and amazing. Thank you so much on behalf of us both.

2nd February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you for this feedback. At The Melbury Clinic VeinCare Centre, we do our best to support both our patients and their carers. Your feedback is appreciated.

28th January 2017
Written by a patient at Transform Medical Group, Southampton

Mr Booker - Transform (Southampton 26.1.17) Mr Gajraj is very professional with an excellent bedside manner. He put me completely at ease and I had the utmost confidence in him and his ability. The information he provided before, during and after was exceptional and very helpful. It is now 48 hours since the procedure and I am making very good progress. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Mr Gajraj.

2nd February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you Mr Booker. At the Melbury Clinic, all our staff understand the importance of giving the proper support to patients in making decisions about their treatment as well as the importance of information during and after treatment. We are very pleased to hear we did a good job.

26th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

I had such an excellent service from Dr Gajraj and his team. I was very nervous, but they put me at such ease, that I spent most of the operation laughing at something or other. The actual operation/treatment (Clarivein) that I had, was reasonably quick, didn't hurt and I was informed of each process as it happened. Since coming home, I have had hardly any pain and have been able to move around well. It has been such a positive experience and I wish I had got my veins treated years ago!

2nd February 2017
Response from Dr Haroun Gajraj

Thank you. My staff and I at the VeinCare Centre Melbury Clinic like to think we understand how nervous having treatment can be. We always do our best to reassure nervous patients and it is good to hear we succeeded in your case.

26th January 2017
Written by a patient at The Melbury Clinic

I received treatment for varicose veins in one leg. Throughout the consultations and surgey Dr Gajraj was polite, courteous, respectful and understanding of my concerns. He gave me a clear explanation of why I had the varicose veins and how the procedure would work. During the surgery he was calm and reassuring, informing me of what he was doing and what I might feel. With Dr Gajraj at all times was the excellent nurse, Kim. She was friendly, understanding and reassuring. The treatment was done under local anaesthetic, I was able to get on with my everyday activities straight away (though I waited a couple of weeks to go running again). I am absolutely delighted with the results!

Short link to review Dr Haroun Gajraj: http://iwgc.net/echh6