Dr Gordon Bastable

13th December 2017
Written by a patient at Thorpe Health Centre

Does not know what he's doing.I have been sat in his consultant room and heard him totally contradict something he said to me regarding my health on a previous consultation!he told me a scan showed I had a fatty liver, so I asked how to aid this.he said one gets fatty liver when one puts on weight, and it goes when you lose weight.I am naturally thin already and of small build.when I had a scan, which saw fatty liver, I had been ill and lost a lot of weight and I was even thinner!so bastable told me I had a fatty liver due to weight gain, but at the time of my scan, I had become even thinner than my already svelte frame!bastable did not talk any sense! This is not what one wants from a gp.he is not a gp anybody can trust.he is very sarcastic, and has an air of superiority, but how can he have that, when he makes so many mistakes and he has previously misdiagnosed me.he has not helped or listened.he gives no continuity.he sends you for blood tests then when you return for results, and the previous visit medical record should be in front of him, he asks "What have you come to see me about?"!!!!!!! That is NOT continuity if he has not even read what's in front of him regarding one's previous appointment!many patients have left his surgery.my husband told bastable that he was unsure how to do the standard check for prostate cancer.bastable did not discuss or show how to do this.he just laughed and said "Feel free" to my husband, as if to say get on with checking, but he wasn't going to be bothered in properly answering my husband's quick question.bastable is not a gp who knows what he's doing.he has become complacent and should not work as a gp.he has been dangerous to my health, causing me to have misdiagnosis, and no help, and then to be just left.

4th December 2017
Written by a patient at Thorpe Health Centre

Contradicts himself.No follow up.Highly sarcastic.Makes mistakes, but laughs, as if it's okay.Laughs off his colleagues' misdiagnosis, as if covering it up and protecting his fellow gps, even though they've committed dreadful malpractice, is more important than my health.But that's totally the same as saying, he'd rather lie than be truthful, and he'd rather lie than care for my health.But surely, a doctor's job is to only be concerned with his patients' health, and with telling the truth, and not with covering up the truth!