Dr Geoffrey King

19th January 2016
Written by a patient at Abbey Medical Practice

After contracting a nasty stomach bug during a holiday in Vietnam and still suffering from indigestion on my return to the UK, I contacted Abbey Medical. I felt I didn't really need an appointment with a doctor, just to make a request to increase the dose of drug already prescribed to me for a Hiatus Hernia. The receptionist said a doctor would contact me that day and Dr King telephoned me early in the evening. He listened to my story and although partially agreed with me, made an appointment to see him the following morning. At this consultation, Dr King increased the medication for my stomach problem but due to my Type 2 Diabetes (diet and exercise controlled ) and possible hereditary issues, sent me off for blood tests and an ECG scan. The ECG result was returned to Dr King, who again showed concern over its results and referred me to the specialist Heart Clinic at Northampton General. Within three hours of attending this clinic, I had been admitted through A&E and operated on, resulting in a stent being placed in a main artery from the heart. This artery had become completely blocked between the two ECG tests over a period of two weeks and according to the surgeon, I was " hours away from a major heart attack" ! The NHS is always taking a bashing but I could not fault the incredible speed and professional service I received in the hospital, from all members of the team. However, without that original conversation with Dr King, there is a very good chance I would not be typing this. Thank you.

30th January 2015
Written by a patient at Abbey Medical Practice

Dr. King is always respectful and listens patiently. His calm manner and professionalism has been reassuring and consistent during the past three years, despite my bodies seemingly stubborn resistance to medication! Thank you.