Dr Genevieve Shimwell

4th May 2016
Written by a patient at Market Street Surgery

Dr Shimwell is fantastic. Very caring and understanding - puts you at ease. You feel she really takes an interest in your well being. I am devastated that she has now left my local GP's surgery.

16th December 2013
Written by a patient at The Spinney Medical Centre

Dr Shimwell is one of the nicest GP's I have ever been to, and I have been able to build up a trusting relationship with her during her time at the Spinney Medical Centre. I have a range of physical and mental health problems which means I take a variety of medications. I therefore see Dr Shimwell regularly to have my medications reviewed, as well as to discuss any concerns particularly regarding my mental health, but also physical health. She has never given me the impression that I'm wasting her time, which is a worry I always have with anyone who gives me any of their time. I never feel rushed and I always feel like she listens carefully to everything I'm saying. She takes the whole picture into account when looking at my health, she is able to reassure me and gently encourages me to seek help and support from other health professionals (A&E, Walk-in Centres, CPN, Psychiatrist, Support workers etc). She is definitely a credit to the surgery. She has great communication skills, listens carefully and lets you explain everything before she reflects on information given. It's not easy for me to trust, and it's taken a while, but I trust this GP 100% and am so thankful to her for all the support and guidance she has provided to me over the past year or two. Thank you :)

Doctors working at The Spinney Medical Centre