dr-frances-klemperer

Dr Frances Klemperer

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a private patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
24th February 2021

Dr Klemperer is an utterly fantastic practitioner. She has helped me find the correct medication for my condition, and has been supportive, considerate and incisive, helping me understand how to manage my illness.

Written by a private patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
13th February 2021

I had an hour appointment, Dr Klemperer was amazing, made me feel so at ease. Explaining the diagnosis and treatment options fully so I had input on the treatment plan, and also a backup plan if it didn’t go quite to plan, as everyone is different. I would highly recommend Dr Klemperer to anyone that needs help with mental health, and look forward to making another appointment with her.

26th January 2021

I found Dr. Klemperer extremely professional and highly experienced. Despite my initial nerves and discomfort prior to the session, I was immediately put at ease speaking to her and felt the conversation had an excellent flow. Dr. Klemperer was a very good listener, asked relevant questions, and summarised my issues in a way that really resonated with me. I received a few lightbulb moments in just one session with her and felt very relieved and comforted after listening to her professional assessment. I spent some time researching several psychiatrists before choosing Dr. Klemperer and would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone seeking a qualified psychiatrist.

23rd January 2021

Dr Klemperer was really excellent - very knowledgable about the conditions we discussed (including ADHD, depersonalisation, OCD), but also genuinely interested and wanting to help, rather than adopting the more detached (and perhaps jaded!) manner that seems to be common among mental health professionals. Dr Klemperer also strikes a very good balance between listening and asking further questions - in order to get to the heart of the issues. I left my appointment feeling very positive about the future. I would highly recommend Dr Klemperer.

22nd January 2021

Dr Klemperer is incredibly warm and easy to speak to. The conversation with was very insightful as she helped me understand how to manage my thoughts to better deal with certain situations. She is very perceptive and understood well how to draw out explanations from me, which helped me to naturally gain an awareness of how to interpret my feelings. I would highly highly recommend her for any patient!

« 1 2 3 4 »

• Psychiatry

I studied medicine at Cambridge University and Guy’s Hospital, London. I trained in psychiatry at Guy’s Hospital, where I conducted award-winning research, publishing in the British Medical Journal and the British Journal of Psychiatry. In addition, I hold the Institute of Psychiatry's qualification in cognitive behavioural therapy, a field in which I am recognised by the Royal College of Psychiatrists as having special expertise. This combined knowledge of psychiatry and psychotherapy allows me to make comprehensive assessments of my patients’ life difficulties. I have worked as a consultant psychiatrist in London and Brussels, with over 20 years experience as a consultant in general adult psychiatry. I practice in the NHS in Westminster and in Kensington and Chelsea, am an honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College and have an independent practice. I aim always to collaborate closely with my patients to properly understand their particular situation and to actively work with them to develop the most appropriate and effective long-term therapeutic plan. Areas of interest Anxiety disorders (panic disorder, phobias, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, PTSD); Mood disorders (depression, dysthymia and bipolar disorder); Psychosis (including schizophrenia); ADHD.

Nearest Psychiatrists