Dr Frances Fieldhouse

29th January 2018
Written by a patient at The Abingdon Surgery

Well unfortunately I found her very unhelpful and this was not the first time I have encountered this attitude from her. She was not in the slightest interested in my condition. I was diagnosed with a cataract in my left eye by my optician who said that I would need an operation to correct it. He sent a referral form by email to me personally so I could bring it the appointment in order for it to be processed quickly. She was rather flippant about my diagnosis. Did not discuss much about the problems I was having and did not discuss what the procedure would be and if there was anything worrying me. I told her it was affecting my work and all she could do was recommend an over the counter headache tablet.

17th June 2017
Written by a patient at The Abingdon Surgery

Fantastic Doctor. Really listens and is very careing. Very easy to talk to and down to earth with a good sense of humour. I feel I could go to her with literally anything and feel supported. She is great with mental health issues. Definitely the best GP I have ever had. I have friends and family who have also seen her and all are of the opinion she is a fantastic lady and GP.

12th June 2017
Written by a patient at The Abingdon Surgery

A wonderful doctor, she listens to you, understands your problem and always makes me feel comfortable. I havent had such a good professional and competent doctor so far.

1st August 2015
Written by a patient at The Abingdon Surgery

I was seen by Dr Fieldhouse for the very first time last week. The first time ever a Doctor has waited at their door to welcome me in - such a little thing but really made me feel I was welcome to have my allocated time with her. She was very professional, listened to everything I had to say, answered my questions and put me at ease. When my blood test results came back she phoned me promptly and explained my course of treatment...again answering my questions with patience and understanding. I feel quite lucky that she's my new GP..... I just hope she doesn't leave now that i've found a great Doctor!

20th June 2015
Written by a patient at The Abingdon Surgery

Excellent doctor. She is always respectful, caring and knowledgeable. Dr Fieldhouse always waits for you with a door wide open and lets you in that I find very helpful as I often come with a buggy. She has been fantastic with my kids and always puts me at ease when I have worries about my daughters' health. Dr Fieldhouse takes you seriously and answers your questions thoroughly. She takes time and makes you feel important as a patient. I can't be happier to have her as our family doctor.