Dr Farooq Rahman

Dr Farooq Rahman is a Consultant Gastroenterologist practicing at University College London Hospital and an Honorary Associate Professor at University College London. As well as Dr Rahman’s clinical and teaching responsibilities, he is committed to furthering the field of gastroenterology through conducting extensive research into diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel diseases), which have lead to many high impact peer-reviewed publications in renowned scientific journals, such as The Lancet, Gut, Journal of Experimental Medicine, Journal of Crohn’s & Colitis and Inflammatory bowel disease. This combination of extensive clinical experience, high quality medical education and ground-breaking research ensures the highest standard of care for patients.

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

15th January 2020

Dr Rahman was very polite, listened to my concerns and adviced how I should adjust my medication. Also he clearly explained how my condition can develop if not treated and what are the risks. I left feeling well informed and knowing what to do if my condition changes.

16th December 2019

offers a frendly approach and involves the pateint in care planning accounitng for individual circumstances.

7th November 2019

Dr Rahman is the kind of doctor patients want if they find themselves with a chronic and life-altering condition like IBD. I have ulcerative colitis and, back in 2011 when I was diagnosed, I thought any chance of a normal life had disappeared. However, Dr Rahman was reassuring, kind and over the course of a few months, got me into remission with conservative treatment. He also took the time to explain things in detail and, as my knowledge of my condition improved, to have an element of control over my treatment. My first flare after diagnosis was troublesome, but a course of steroids had me back to normal, and another medication was added. My third flare had me contacting one of the Clinical Nurse Specialists, and I was in clinic within a week. I’ve been in remission now for 4 years. Goodness knows where I would have been without Dr Rahman and UCH Gastro. In addition to treatment, he and his team have provided me with letters for my employer explaining my condition, in order to support a change in role. Clinic can sometimes be busy but appointments are never rushed. I can’t recommend the UCH Gastro department enough and my experience with Dr Rahman has been excellent.

1st November 2019

I have been a patient of Dr Rahman for 6 years and on every visit and I have complete confidence in him as a medical practitioner. He is always there when i need him and I regularly certainly tell others about him.

2nd October 2019

I have been a patient of Dr. Rahman for some years. His professional skills, medical experience and caring demeanour have enabled me to manage a chronic illness with confidence. He and his multi-disciplinary team have treated me as an out-patient and as a hospital in-patient from time to time, and supported me through medical crises with great expertise. Dr. Rahman takes a personal interest in his patients and has great empathy and personal warmth. He is a good listener and takes account of the patient's views and wishes, wherever possible. I have total confidence in him as a doctor and as a man of integrity.

Nearest Gastroenterologists