Dr Elin Davies

Dr Elin Davies (MBBS FRCA MRCPsych) qualified in medicine at London University (The Middlesex Hospital Medical School) in 1987. She subsequently trained in anaesthesia in London and Manchester, and gained Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in 1994. In 1996, she changed career path, and trained in psychiatry in London. She was a full-time NHS consultant in Cornwall from 2005 to 2009, before embarking on more independent practice, which included working in mental health services in Plymouth. In addition to part-time NHS work, she now works on-line for Psychiatry-uk.com, as well as seeing private patients face-to-face in Cornwall and the Plymouth area. Her experience is with working-age adults across a range of common mental disorders, with a particular interest in the overlap of biological and psychological factors in illness.

• Psychiatry

18th July 2019

I have now been a patient of Dr Davies for 15 months - during this time I could not have asked for a better psychiatrist. Dr Davies is caring, sympathetic, a great listener but most of all a complete expert in her field. After 26years of being 'treated' by the NHS for recurring clinical depression, Dr Davies was able to diagnose my true illness - Bi polar 2. Thanks to Dr Davies I am now on the right medication for my condition. She has truly changed my life and I could not be more grateful.

19th May 2019

Dr Davies actively listened to me, was empathic and warm, after just one session she was able to produce a thoughtfully worded and accurate report which correctly captured all the salient parts of my issues. This report reflected how well she was able to listen and gave clear advice. Following this consultation I felt validated and less distressed, I would thoroughly recommend anyone with mental health issues to see her.

2nd May 2019

I was referred to Dr Davies via my work in the emergency services. She is without any doubt whatsoever first class in her profession. I would absolutely recommend her to others, her insight of me as an individual and in to where i was at was nothing short of remarkable.

18th March 2019

24 years ago I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression - over those last 24 years I have been treated by several NHS psychiatrists as well as a number of private psychiatrists. I have been prescribed with numerous anti depressants none of which prevented almost annual severe depressive episodes. Last May in absolute desperation I decided to consult with Dr Davies via U.K. Psychiatry. This has proved to be one of the best decisions of my life. After carefully monitoring me for 5 months and reviewing my mood Dr Davies diagnosed that I was actually suffering from Bi Polar 2. As a result, my prescription has been completely altered and for the first time in 24 years I feel stable & grounded. I cannot thank Dr Davies enough for her concern, genuine care, support, guidance and advice. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Dr Davies.

Short link to review Dr Elin Davies: http://iwgc.net/ed4g8