Dr Elin Davies

Dr Elin Davies (MBBS FRCA MRCPsych) qualified in medicine at London University (The Middlesex Hospital Medical School) in 1987. She subsequently trained in anaesthesia in London and Manchester, and gained Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in 1994. In 1996, she changed career path, and trained in psychiatry in London. She was a full-time NHS consultant in Cornwall from 2005 to 2009, before embarking on more independent practice, which included working in mental health services in Plymouth. In addition to part-time NHS work, she now works on-line for Psychiatry-uk.com, as well as seeing private patients face-to-face in Cornwall and the Plymouth area. Her experience is with working-age adults across a range of common mental disorders, with a particular interest in the overlap of biological and psychological factors in illness.

• Psychiatry

1st March 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies is the most understanding doctor I have seen. After years of not being listened to by mental health professionals, she gave me the time and patience to explain my difficulties. I felt like I was not being judged during my appointment. Unlike many doctors I have seen before, Dr Davies considered my mental health history in a lot of detail, which allowed me to open up to her and say things I have never felt comfortable saying to anyone before. I went to Dr Davies as I had received diagnosis after diagnosis from previous psychiatrists over the years, each one not really fitting with what I experience. I feel as if Dr Davies has got to the bottom of my struggles, and it comes as a huge relief to know what is actually wrong with me, which enables my future therapy to be tailored to my condition. If anyone is unsure whether to make an appointment to see Dr Davies, I highly recommend you to book an appointment. If I ever need a psychiatrist again I will definitely be going back to Dr Davies.

22nd February 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies was the best person I've ever spoken to about my condition , she listened and understood everything I was trying to explain and she was very helpful . She finally gave me a diagnosis after 13 years . I would recommend dr Davies to anyone who need advice or support 100% .

15th December 2016
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

I have required the help from Dr. Davies as the DVLA required a psychiatric report so that my driving licences/entitlements could be returned to me. An NHS appointment would have taken months. Dr. Davies received the relevant information one day prior to my assessment. Dr. Davies was empathetic, listened to me and at times had to guide me back to questions that were being asked. The report into my mental health was received within 48 hours and accurately reflected what I had said. As a result of the assessment decision and accuracy of the report, I am now hoping the DVLA will return my driving licence(s) to me. I would recommend Dr. Davies as a doctor that can be trusted, through her listening skills, empathy, questioning and all round professionalism.

4th November 2016
Written by a carer at Psychiatry-UK

I was highly impressed with Dr Davies as an expert. She was approachable, very quick to react and excellent with my client. Dr Davies went out of her way to prepare a report quickly and professionally. The report itself was both measured and of great assistance. I would have no hesitation in recommending her as an expert.

13th October 2016
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Very professional, excellent listener.

Nearest Psychiatrists