Dr Elin Davies

Dr Elin Davies (MBBS FRCA MRCPsych) qualified in medicine at London University (The Middlesex Hospital Medical School) in 1987. She subsequently trained in anaesthesia in London and Manchester, and gained Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in 1994. In 1996, she changed career path, and trained in psychiatry in London. She was a full-time NHS consultant in Cornwall from 2005 to 2009, before embarking on more independent practice, which included working in mental health services in Plymouth. In addition to part-time NHS work, she now works on-line for Psychiatry-uk.com, as well as seeing private patients face-to-face in Cornwall and the Plymouth area. Her experience is with working-age adults across a range of common mental disorders, with a particular interest in the overlap of biological and psychological factors in illness.

• Psychiatry

Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies had a kind, receptive approach and I felt immediately at ease during my appointment. She explained the potential courses of treatment clearly and assisted me whenever I needed with the GP shared care.

Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies was recommended to me after my previous Psychiatrist retired.  I was very unsettled during the transition period, however Dr Davies made me feel instantly at ease and by the end of our first face to face session, I was talking as freely as I had been with my previous practitioner, if not more comfortable! Dr Davies took the time to listen, research and re-evaluate previous diagnoses on a far more detailed basis, thus producing a new diagnosis which has since been refined further. With this new diagnosis and new medication regime, I am feeling the most stable of my life since the age of 14. From this month, I am meeting Dr Davies on regular monthly basis, in person or via secure video link. (Which fits in well with my busy schedule, as i can keep the routine wherever I am) We also communicate via email half way through the month to pick up and oddities with medication reaction etc. I am also aware of what action should be taken outside the standard appointment structure if my health deteriorates. In summary, I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr Davies, she is truly an exceptional practitioner.

Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies made me feel at ease throughout the consultation. I really felt like I was being listened to and that I was being understood. I was nervous about seeing a psychiatrist but my nerves were soon put aside after the consultation started. I would recommend Dr Davies to anyone.

1st March 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies is the most understanding doctor I have seen. After years of not being listened to by mental health professionals, she gave me the time and patience to explain my difficulties. I felt like I was not being judged during my appointment. Unlike many doctors I have seen before, Dr Davies considered my mental health history in a lot of detail, which allowed me to open up to her and say things I have never felt comfortable saying to anyone before. I went to Dr Davies as I had received diagnosis after diagnosis from previous psychiatrists over the years, each one not really fitting with what I experience. I feel as if Dr Davies has got to the bottom of my struggles, and it comes as a huge relief to know what is actually wrong with me, which enables my future therapy to be tailored to my condition. If anyone is unsure whether to make an appointment to see Dr Davies, I highly recommend you to book an appointment. If I ever need a psychiatrist again I will definitely be going back to Dr Davies.

22nd February 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies was the best person I've ever spoken to about my condition , she listened and understood everything I was trying to explain and she was very helpful . She finally gave me a diagnosis after 13 years . I would recommend dr Davies to anyone who need advice or support 100% .

Nearest Psychiatrists