Dr Elin Davies

Dr Elin Davies (MBBS FRCA MRCPsych) qualified in medicine at London University (The Middlesex Hospital Medical School) in 1987. She subsequently trained in anaesthesia in London and Manchester, and gained Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in 1994. In 1996, she changed career path, and trained in psychiatry in London. She was a full-time NHS consultant in Cornwall from 2005 to 2009, before embarking on more independent practice, which included working in mental health services in Plymouth. In addition to part-time NHS work, she now works on-line for Psychiatry-uk.com, as well as seeing private patients face-to-face in Cornwall and the Plymouth area. Her experience is with working-age adults across a range of common mental disorders, with a particular interest in the overlap of biological and psychological factors in illness.

• Psychiatry

7th September 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies was completely understanding to the point that I shared things about my past with her that I would not have been comfortable sharing with anyone else, including my wife. She explained everything for me and was able to put me at ease despite the stress I was (am) under. A diagnosis of Asperger's was given which at the age of 39 is such a relief after years of struggling socially and in employment, I know that there is something different about me. The way in which Dr Davies listened to everything I said, kept me on track and the sensitivity in which she handled the conversation despite the stress I was feeling, was extremely professional. She is clearly knowledgeable about the subject and quickly able to identify where in my history this has been evident. The only thing I can find wrong is that I did not push for this sooner.

10th August 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies is a wonderful doctor and succeeded in managing to get to the very core of my issue after years of struggling through the NHS system. She is polite, to the point and put me at ease very quickly - a marvel considering my troubled mood at the time of the consultation! I would recommend her to anyone - well worth the money!

3rd August 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr. Davies, in my opinion is top. She listened, asked questions and diagnosed. It was as if she already new my issues and what my experience of life is like. I would 100% recommend Dr. Davies.

25th May 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

If you are looking for an artist in her profession Dr Davies is the one. She is not only the experienced and top class professional but also a specialist with charisma. I had a session with her recently and from the beginning I felt listened to attentively and with respect. She is not a psychiatrist who will just ask question and issue a prescription. She is a therapist who will seek the best ways to help you out by understanding the specifics of your psychological world. I would strongly recommend her to anyone who is not only looking for the best medical advice possible but also who needs warmth and humane approach in the contact with a professional. Thank you Doctor Elin.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

I felt immediately at ease with Dr Davies. She listened to all of my ramblings and did not make me feel ridiculous in any way about my various anxieties/preoccupations. She was exceptionally kind, calm and patient. She gave me a clear opinion and direction to take after leaving the room. My one regret is I that I wish I had taken a breath in between talking which would have given more time for her to respond to the various things I was talking about and give me the benefit of her wisdom and expertise. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Davies.

Nearest Psychiatrists