Dr Elin Davies

Dr Elin Davies (MBBS FRCA MRCPsych) qualified in medicine at London University (The Middlesex Hospital Medical School) in 1987. She subsequently trained in anaesthesia in London and Manchester, and gained Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in 1994. In 1996, she changed career path, and trained in psychiatry in London. She was a full-time NHS consultant in Cornwall from 2005 to 2009, before embarking on more independent practice, which included working in mental health services in Plymouth. In addition to part-time NHS work, she now works on-line for Psychiatry-uk.com, as well as seeing private patients face-to-face in Cornwall and the Plymouth area. Her experience is with working-age adults across a range of common mental disorders, with a particular interest in the overlap of biological and psychological factors in illness.

• Psychiatry

« 1 2 3 4 »

23rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies is absolutely incredible. I've been working with her the past 9 months and she has been so informative and supportive. I paid for a private ADHD diagnosis with her and she was very open and warm throughout the session, despite my nerves. After this, she provided me with a full report as well as an action plan for treatment that I could take to my GP. The NHS doctors were reluctant to treat me as they didn't know enough about the medication. Thankfully, Dr Davies remained in contact and helped me through this time including 4 months waiting for an NHS appointment to get medication. She was happy to privately prescribe the medication whilst I awaited my appointment which was so helpful and definitely worth the money. Her advice and support through such a difficult time kept me sane, especially whilst trying to work towards my university deadlines. Without her and access to my life-changing medication, I would have probably failed this year and had to retake my modules. If you'd like to go to someone who actually understands ADHD, the good and the bad effects it can have on your life then Dr Davies is a breath of fresh air. This is in comparison to some NHS doctors who only know your condition through stereotypes and misconceptions. I have nothing but praise for this incredible woman!

23rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr. Davies is a fantastic psychiatrist. I would recommend her to anyone seeking utmost clarity about their mental health, effective treatment to regain liberty and make the most of life, and a psychiatrist who wants to understand, strongly adheres to scientific consensus while appreciating there is still so much yet to be discovered, and really cares about their patients. I was extremely apprehensive before my appointment with Elin. I knew I needed the help of a psychiatrist, but sharing the details of my psychological distress was a frightening prospect. Elin quickly understood what I was going through to an incredible degree; I rapidly felt at ease by her accurate reasoning, empathy, positivity, and outright refusal to contribute to stigma or dogma that so many aspects of mental health are often subject. I felt safe and able to share everything Elin needed to get a full sense of my psychiatric symptoms. My diagnoses were inherently complex, yet Elin's approach of strong reasoning and outstanding scientific and medical understanding has provided a rational, precise, and helpful understanding of all my psychological symptoms. Her recommendations for treatment have, and continue to be, carefully thought through, and she has been incredibly considerate, flexible - yet firm when needed - in finding medications that are effective and work for me. Furthermore, she has been incredibly generous in the form of ongoing communication over email in order to refine and ensure the best treatment outcomes. My only regret is not finding and booking an appointment with Dr. Davies many years sooner than I did!

5th January 2018
Written by a carer at Psychiatry-UK

As parents of an 18 year old boy with a long history of developmental and behavioural problems, culminating in more recent serious anxiety and depression, we were hugely disappointed to hear that we might wait a year for our son to be assessed for possible underlying causes such as ADHD and Autism through the NHS. Having discovered Dr Elin Davies held surgeries only an hour from our home, we swiftly booked the soonest available, which was only 4 weeks away, including the Christmas break! We provided Dr Davies with a lot of information (8 pages!) ahead of my son's session (which I would strongly recommend doing), as well as completing all the formal assessment forms, and it was very soon clear that, not only had she thoroughly read and digested all the information, she started the assessment with a really clear sense of direction, which made the process so much easier. We are delighted with the outcome, which reflects pretty much our own expectations as parents, and it sounds as though the treatment plan and continuing support and guidance on offer will really help our son get more firmly in control of his life and enjoy a much better understanding of the affects of his condition, with medication hopefully assisting the process. A great start, and we couldn't be more grateful - thank you Dr Davies!

9th November 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

My GP is great and very supportive , sadly I feel let down by the other areas within the NHS, waiting times in Devon are around 18 months for a Autism / ADHD assessment and the lack of communication is very poor. In the first instance the private costs look a bit high , although upon reflection its the best investment I have ever made !!! Dr Davies was very understanding and very easy to talk to , I felt very supported and would fully recommend. To conclude I will be started some new Medication which will help with my Autism and ADHD, (Dr Davies gets 10 / 10 )

6th October 2017
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Dr Davies was completely understanding and i was very comfortable about discussing my issues with her. She is also helping in arranging some medication based around another condition I have to ensure all medical treatment is as it should be. Am very impressed with the service from herself and her admin team. Thanks Dean

« 1 2 3 4 »