Dr Elena Ghetau

• Psychiatry

18th April 2018
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

The service was very good and professional. An appointment was made in a matter of days for an assessment which would take years using the NHS. Dr Elena Ghetau was very friendly and was really receptive and sympathetic to the problems I was having.

19th February 2018

After many years of being in the mental health system and being misdiagnosed I was referred to Dr Ghetau . Immediately she put me at ease with her gentle approach and listened to my appeal. I suffered quite extremely with fibro myalgia and had been bed ridden for almost three years with the bone crunching pain which suffused every part of my body all the while trying to cope with borderline personality disorder. I wished and wished for death to claim me. Straight away she diagnosed me with ADHD, as she described, one of her extreme cases. She prescribed atomoxetine and olanzinapine and together with a cheeky drink of half a tea spoon of baking powder in a glass of hot water, my own contribution by the way, I am now able to get up for far greater lengths of time, get dressed without my clothes bruising my skin, go out for short periods, my furled hands have straightened out and more importantly I've actually found my smile again, and although I'm not there yet, because of this wonderful, approachable lady........ I'm certainly on my way....... God bless you Dr Ghetau

14th February 2018

Dr Getau has been fantastic have helped me a lot and still is. Since she diagnosed me with ADHD my life have changed so quickly in a positive way. I feel now that I can reach my true potential and follow my dreams and ambitions which I could not have achieved before. It’s life-changing for me I can’t thank her enough!

8th February 2018

Dr Ghetau made me immediately feel at ease, although I was initially very nervous. She listened to my views on my difficulties and then shared her own opinion and understanding - without disregarding my own. She was very respectful, which was refreshing after many difficult encounters in the past, with various other medical professionals. I was diagnosed with ASD and ADHD, after over a decade and a half of being passed from service to service within the NHS mental health setting. My consultations with Dr Ghetau and her expertise brought me answers and explanations and I finally feel like I can properly address my difficulties - and move on with my life. I would 100% recommend Dr Ghetau - as well as Psychiatry-UK.

9th January 2018
Written by a patient at Psychiatry-UK

Elena was very patient and understanding and made me feel content and listened to. I was never spoken over or made to feel stupid or ignored. She helped a lot with being so approachable and friendly, her knowledge of adhd was made clear within moments and continued to show throughout our consultation. Dr Ghuyet answered all of my questions eloquently and proved herself t be very competent in her field. I am happy I made the decision to see her, she made me feel at ease and comfortable. Which was refreshing, I'd recommend Elena and Psychiatry UK by extension to anyone with mental health issues who would rather have them dealt with in the privacy of their own home. Excellent job, clear, concise and friendly. I look forward to speaking to you as and when necessary over the course of my treatment. Thankyou.

Nearest Psychiatrists