dr-elena-ghetau

3rd March 2020

Dr Ghetau is fantastic. I consulted her after "failing" an autism assessment with the NHS despite several psychologists saying over the years that I probably had it. Having been told by the NHS that I did not have an asc, I began to worry that maybe I had something like a mix of borderline personality disorder + avoidant personality disorder, because what other explanation could there be for the chaos that was my life? I am 62 and I have known that something was not right I think for most of my life I felt very depressed and knew that I really ought to see a psychiatrist to find out what these disorders actually were or if it was something different like bipolar disorder. I just did not know. I actually first approached a colleague of Dr Ghetau's who suggested I spoke with her instead. I am so glad I did. I was worried about approaching her but there was no need to be. She was kind, attentive to my issues and listened and made sense of the things I was telling her. I also felt that she is probably pretty unshockable! At last I have my diagnosis of asc and adhd. Now I can go forward for the remaining years of my life knowing who I am, how I tick and how many of the situations I have found myself in the past are not of my making but a result of how I naturally react to the world around me. If you are looking for a psychiatrist for an asc or adhd assessment then Dr Ghetau is your doctor; look no further. It was worth every penny it cost for the assessments (there were two of them) and the titration of one medicine against others; I feel I am in safe hands and she is monitoring me carefully. Thank you Dr Ghetau for changing my life (or at least pointing me in the right direction towards changing it and giving me the wherewithal to do so). I am so relieved of a burden that I have carried around for most of my 62 years. It is never too late to get a diagnosis!

18th November 2019

When I booked a session with Elena, I was already burnt out from dealing with NHS. Going into the session I had absolutely no confidence in the assessment, told myself I'm only trying to find an easy way out, having been led to believe I'm asp with depression and anxiety. It has been a year since the assessment and my asp, depression and anxiety have been quelled. Turns out misdiagnosed adhd can really play a number on your brain, and appear similar to asp. Since I've been part of ADHD groups and for once I felt like I'm among my people. Elena was wonderful as unlike other sources, she looked at my case with a fresh perspective, and didn't make me feel disregarded.

9th October 2019

Dr Elena has provided me with great patient care. She treats me as if I am an equal and listens to my perspective, which other psychiatrists have not done in the past. I was very anxious to seek an assessment for ADHD because of how meetings with psychiatrists were during my teenage years. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to talk to her and she was very understanding. After a diagnosis of ADHD she helped me find the right medication, and I have been able to access more support due to this. She has provided advice and treatment for sleep problems, anxiety, depression and keeping a routing. I would definitely recommend seeking professional help from Elena.

Written by a carer at Psychiatry-UK
22nd August 2019

Elena is very welcoming and very plesent, She listens and undstands your issues more than any one else iv seen. I was very happy after my 1st Appointment very easy to talk to. Thankyou

30th July 2019

Dr Elena has been absolutely fantastic. I honestly do not know where to begin. From my first appointment, I felt that I was in safe hands under her care. My experience with Dr Elena has always been smooth, simple and extremely pleasant. I cannot recommend her enough to those who are seeking a psychiatrist who specialises in adult ADHD. During my first appointment, her gentle yet professional approach made me feel extremely at ease. She has a great understanding of ADHD and it's associated co-morbidities, as well as the impact it can have on a patient's quality of life. I chose Dr Elena as my psychiatrist whilst seeking a diagnosis for my on-going/lifelong symptoms. Following an extensive review of my history and close examination of my problems, she diagnosed me with a condition that I have been suffering my entire life. I am so grateful to have Dr Elena in my life. Since my diagnosis, I have been successfully treated with medication. She has been patient and helpful throughout my entire treatment period. She helped me find the right medication (through trial and error) and the right dosage to manage my symptoms. She has also continued to provide support and encouragement to help me get the most out of living with ADHD. I have been under her care for nearly half a year since my diagnosis. Without her, I would probably still be suffering with the difficulties of ADHD. To conclude, my life would not be the same without Dr Elena. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. Thank you Dr Elena, you've made a significant difference to my life.

Works at

• Psychiatry

I am an enthusiastic, dedicated Consultant Psychiatrist with over 20 years of experience, with special interest in Developmental Disorders (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Autistic Spectrum Conditions). I now work exclusively privately, on line for Psychiatry-UK .

Nearest Psychiatrists