Dr Edward Littleton

• Neurology

24th April 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

My first appointment with Dr Littleton yesterday. He was attentive, thorough and friendly throughout an unhurried consultation. You hear so many stories about NHS service but my whole experience of service at the Stroke Unit of the QE Hospital yesterday was absolutely excellent. Thank you.

6th April 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Sadly I have had recent experiences with Dr Littleton and I am extremely saddened by his practice. He is arrogant, brisk and frankly rude. My consultation was far from detailed - he didn’t even include the most basic of neurological exams, and finished the appointment by telling me I likely had a herniation of my cerebellum into my spinal chord, but to ‘just ignore it’ - reguardless of the great many symptoms I am getting day to day. He refused to do the appropriate testing, and point blank refused to do an MRI asked for from a top consultant at the RNOH. I have since paid privately for the appropriate testing, and was extremely surprised when he asked for a copy of the scans. I was assured that my disk would be returned to me (tho 2 months on the secretary is still refusing to reply to any calls concerning this issue), so saw no harm in sending these over to him. I was absolutely appalled when I found a letter directed to my GP claiming that the results of these tests were falsified, and what was essentially a 2 page personal attack at the radiologist, with my health being an unfortunate byproduct. The blatant disregard for his patients was truly astounding, and extremely detrimental. He was petty, narrow minded and having sought further views from other consultants - dangerous in his convictions. I dearly hope his attitude changes soon else I fear there is a genuine risk to life for some of his future patients. Unless you have an extremely common, easily diagnosed condition, I would advise extreme caution - especially for anyone who also has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome or hypermobility.

Short link to review Dr Edward Littleton: http://iwgc.net/ee4be