Dr Duncan Field

Written by a patient at Mampilly
5th April 2019

I would like to give my great appreciation to Duncan Field at Colchester Hospital (Cardiology). His diligence knowledge was paramount in my treatment for a major heart problem. His prompt arrangement for tests with fellow colleagues at Colchester and eventual operation at Basildon, I am sure, saved my life. I am eternally grateful . Dr Field is a most professional courteous and kind Doctor

Written by a patient at Martello Court Day Hospital
4th April 2019

A Big thank you to Dr Duncan Field in Cardiology at Colchester Hospital for the excellent care I have received over the past months. I found Dr Field most considerate and respectful, he has always had time to explain what can be very frightening problems. I am extremely grateful for everything he and the NHS has done for me. Thankyou.!.

Written by a patient at Colchester 'District' General Hospital
8th March 2019

Not a listener

Written by a patient at Mampilly
13th February 2018

Have seen this doctor at Clacton hospital he will not listen to any Questions that I asked ,I saw a heart doctor in London for a second Opinion who halved my tablets as they were causing me more Problems ,doctor Duncan field tried to say he does not know what he Is doing ,which is not good as the doctor has 45 years service as a heart doctor.

Written by a patient at Colchester 'District' General Hospital
30th June 2017

The NHS could benefit from more doctors like Duncan Field, he literally saved my life when my heart unexpectedly started to cause me to have many problems due to blood not being pumped to my brain properly and causing me to have many fainting spells, did something that most of the cardiac doctors and staff had not seen before-- he fitted a temporary pace maker on the outside as an emergency to stabilise me. He is also a very down to earth,friendly, honest, person and like many other consultants he does not have what many people call the "GOD COMPLEX". So if you are interested in a really good doctor to trust something as important as your hearts wellbeing then ask to be treated by DR DUNCAN FIELD -- CONSULTANT at COLCHESTER and BASILDON HOSPITALS.

• Cardiology