Dr Duncan Field

• Cardiology

30th June 2017
Written by a patient at Colchester General Hospital

The NHS could benefit from more doctors like Duncan Field, he literally saved my life when my heart unexpectedly started to cause me to have many problems due to blood not being pumped to my brain properly and causing me to have many fainting spells, did something that most of the cardiac doctors and staff had not seen before-- he fitted a temporary pace maker on the outside as an emergency to stabilise me. He is also a very down to earth,friendly, honest, person and like many other consultants he does not have what many people call the "GOD COMPLEX". So if you are interested in a really good doctor to trust something as important as your hearts wellbeing then ask to be treated by DR DUNCAN FIELD -- CONSULTANT at COLCHESTER and BASILDON HOSPITALS.

17th June 2017
Written by a patient at Colchester General Hospital

The rudest consultant I have ever met! Did not listen to me at all,just said his piece and stormed off after I said you are wrong with a different diagnosis contradicting at least 6 other heart specialist. I am now taking further action with the GMC. I don't exspect to be spoken to and treated this way especially from a Consultant who should leave his problems at home rather than bring them to work.

4th November 2016
Written by a patient at Mampilly

I have never seen someone so rude and make me feel like im wasting his time. He made very rude comments and left me feeling stupid.i would not recommend him and asked to never see him ever again.

29th September 2016
Written by a carer at Mampilly

He did not listen to my concerns about my father's pacemaker wound, which was infected. I told him that my father needed another course of antibiotics, but he ignored my request claiming that the wound was no longer infected. It transpires that the wound is chronically infected and my father has now had to have the whole unit removed and is still in hospital with a massive infection!

Nearest Cardiologists