Mr Drahoslav Sokol

I am a fellowship trained consultant neurosurgeon practising in NHS Lothian. In addition I have a private practice in Spire Hospitals, The Edinburgh Clinic and BMI Kings Park Hospital in Stirling. In private practice I focus on treating cervical disc herniation, lumbar disc herniation, spinal stenosis and other degenerative spine disorders. My expertise however encompasses a much broader field of neurosurgery and I am happy to provide consultations in that regard.

Written by a carer at Western General Hospital
19th May 2019

Dr Sokol was amazing in the surgery he provided to my dad. My dad was admitted after suffering a bleed to the brain. He was in ICU and after procedures to remove fluid from his brain. Dr Sokol and his team put a plan together to save his life. My dad had complicated anerusym so Dr Sokol engineered a bipass to help take the pressure of the area. He is a true gentleman and god in what he did for my dad and us all. Thank you so much.

Written by a carer at Royal Hospital for Sick Children
3rd April 2018

Mr Sokol operated on our son in November 2015 - it was a lesionectomy in the anterior gyrus of the frontal lobe . The operation was not a straightforward one and had a level of risk that we accepted because our son was desperately ill. Mr Sokol performed the long operation fantastically and along with his team handed my son his life back. I would have no hesitation in recommending him for any sort of neurosurgical treatment.

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
14th August 2017

I had a subarachnoid haemorage in June Mr Sokol explained the condition to me and the 5 hour operation he expertly performed right down to the stitches which left a barely there scar thankyou Mr Sokol and the team on ward 20HDU.

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
12th March 2017

Dr Sokol is by far the best doctor/ consultant I have ever met. After a year of doctors, specialist nurses etc he was the only one who diagnosed and dealt with my back injury. Within 5 minutes of meeting him he had me admitted for emergency surgery and the after care was exceptional. Can't thank this man enough should be more doctors like him!

Nearest Neurosurgeons