Dr Dominic Spray

I am a consultant in anaesthesia and intensive care medicine, with my primary NHS post held at St George's Healthcare NHS Trust, London. I provide anaesthesia for all procedures, with the exception of paediatric surgery and neurosurgery. My specific subspecialist interests are in cardiac and thoracic anaesthesia, cardiovascular and thoracic intensive care and transeosophageal echocardiography. Professional profile After completing a BSc(Hons) in Physiology, I undertook medical training and gained my medical degree from The University of Sheffield in 1999. I undertook post-graduate training in anaesthesia and critical care in London, including sub-speciality training at Harefield, the Royal Brompton and St George's Hospitals. I was appointed as a consultant at St George’s Hospital in March 2011. My main non-clinical interest is medical education. I hold a Post-graduate Certificate in Medical Education and I am a Training Programme Director for Anaesthesia in the South-West London region. I am also co-lead for Critical Care Education at St George’s Hospital. • Fellow - Royal College of Anaesthetists • Fellow - Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine

25th June 2015
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was scheduled for a catheter ablation, and given I had never had an operation or been in hospital, I was very apprehensive about the process. Dr Spray, contacted me a few weeks before my procedure so I could ask questions, and this reduced my anxiety considerably, so that on the actual day, I felt fine. Dr Spray has a very friendly and kind manner which helped me through the operation and he also came to see me afterwards to check how I was.

9th December 2014
Written by a patient at St Anthony's Hospital

Dr Spray was kind, informative and caring. He explained my heart procedure in detail and was very reassuring. His friendly demenour made the expereince less fearful. He continued to see me after the operation for the next 3 days in ICU and was solicitous and interested in my progress. I felt totally safe in his hands. It was a pleasure to have such a professional person caring for my welfare.

12th July 2014
Written by a patient at St Anthony's Hospital

Dr Spray came and saw me before my operation, he asked standard questions and asked me if I had any questions or concerns. He was personable and made me feel at ease just before the procedure, ensured I had sufficient pain relief for after, and came and saw me a few days after the operation to see if I was well.

Short link to review Dr Dominic Spray: http://iwgc.net/efmcb