Dr Derrick Hinkes

20th October 2017
Written by a patient at Elizabeth House Medical Practice

I simply cannot praise this GP highly enough. He was invaluable to my late husband in helping treat his terminal illness - one that he admitted he had not come across in general practice. He was always willing and able to help where needed in his treatment whenever I had to contact him for whatever problem had arisen. He was also a great comfort to me when I lost my husband to this dreadful disease and is very sympathetic to my problems I am encountering with my health now and is always willing and able to listen and take on board what I have to say. I never have problems in getting through to the surgery and can always book an appointment when I need to. The staff are always very kind and helpful too.

8th August 2017
Written by a patient at Elizabeth House Medical Practice

I had an appointment to see a health advisor but needed to see a doctor for another reason. The receptionist very helpfully found an appointment with Dr D Hinkes for me to see straight away whilst I was in the surgery! This was the first time I have seen this doctor as I usually see one of the lady doctors at the surgery. Despite this, he knew some of my immediate medical history, and welcomed me warmly to the appointment which put me at my ease, as I'm rather 'medical phobic'. He reviewed my problem, discussed my options and arranged a referral, all very easy and quick. Whilst I was reluctant to have the referral, he explained the necessity for the treatment required and provided me with information about it. He also provided the result and information about an X Ray I had done a few days before. He said if I had any further problems, I was to feel welcome to see him again. He provided an unbelievably professional, prompt, kind, respectful, helpful, courteous service today. The standard was better than any private care I have received. I would highly recommend him, his staff and his surgery as they are all of exceptional standard. I could not ask for better care or service.

9th November 2016
Written by a patient at Elizabeth House Medical Practice

The Elizabeth House practice is full of great care, and whilst its not always perfect, I had no problem with a considered consultation from Dr Hinkes yesterday, 8th November. He looked at the facts and I always feel I am working with the practice in resolving health issues.

8th September 2016
Written by a patient at Elizabeth House Medical Practice

Derrick Hinkes listens. Top man.

23rd May 2016
Written by a patient at Elizabeth House Medical Practice

I was prescribed penicillin when my whole consultation was about alternative treatments as I am allergic to it. I only noticed my own prescription this was not picked up by medical staff

Short link to review Dr Derrick Hinkes: http://iwgc.net/edbrn