Dr Derek Dickson

• Psychiatry

10th November 2014
Written by a patient at Haylodge Hospital

If it wasn't for this Dr I wouldn't be here today , he is great at his job .I would highly recommend him.I get excellant care from him also.

2nd May 2014
Written by a patient at Huntlyburn House

Derek Dickson has made my life a misery, he has not listened to my views and when I speak about the things that upset me he turns to the other doctors and laughs in front of me! I feel he is a very stubborn, strange man with a sense of making me feel worse. I am very angry about my treatment with him and has defended a few of the other nurses who have purposefully barged into the bathroom when I was having a bath to see me (2 being male) he merely said that it was a 'mistake'. He picks up information about me wrongly and has a tendency to go off track with it. For example I was getting bullied in the hospital ward I was on and had a conversation with him about this to which he said later assessing me 'Do you still think people are talking about you?' I was furious another one was when I had my own personal property of mine gone missing, he asked me in assessment 'Do you still THINK people are stealing stuff from your room?' Anything I say I do not feel like saying at all to him in fear of being judged - A LOT. It has been a horrendous ordeal. One patient said to me that the doctor said to him when he came to his house that he looked 'like sh**'. Another time when I was on the ward a severely thin and ill girl suddenly got discharged by Derek Dickson who even I could tell was not ready. I think this doctor is just counting the pennies as he is going along because he clearly isn't doing his job properly. I don't agree with the treatment I'm getting from him which is rudely presumed 99% of the time! I can't wait until I get my fiancé in to show him because he even said I made it up that I had a fiancé and I've known him for 6 years!!! DONT CHOOSE THIS DOCTOR I HIGHLY DONT RECOMMEND HIM! It also goes to show he is not a popular doctor and doesn't put the patients needs were it's expected.

Nearest Psychiatrists