Dr Derek Chan

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital
17th September 2019

Dr Chan is fantastic! Since have been seeing him he has been very calm and patient with me, answering all the questions me and my mother have put to him with the very best of his ability, always choosing his words carefully and putting them into layman's terms so that i can understand. He is always pushing and encouraging me to visit various websites to research my problem so that I can be as informed as possible. What I like most though is that he has always told me both the good and bad in regards to medication side effects, results and what could be a possibility for the future. I would 100% recommend Dr Chan to any other patients.

Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital
14th August 2019

I am writing the review as I have been very impressed with the level of care I have received from Dr Chan. He is clearly an expert in his field but he also comes across as a compassionate and carrying doctor. I was worried at the start of the appointment and he did a very good job of putting my mind at rest I really felt I was in safe hands. I hade an endoscopy carried out during my appointment. Would not hesitate to recommend to others.

Written by a patient at Ashtead Hospital
23rd April 2019

From my first appointment to my last Dr Chan was fantastic. with his vast subject knowledge complimented with excellent communication skills I couldn't have asked for better care during my visits at Ashtead Hospital. Dr Chan was punctual and professional throughout my time under his supervision. I would totally recommend his service to all who visit him at Ashtead Hospital.

Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital
4th April 2019

Dr Chan explained the nature of my condition and outlined what treatment I needed and what it would involve. He was clear about the potential risks of the treatment and why he was prescribing it. I hope that he will be available for my next consultation.

Nearest Gastroenterologists