Dr Deirdre Maguire

• Endocrinology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

21st October 2017
Written by a carer at Harrogate District Hospital

My elderly mother having waited for months in agony for an appointment was treated extremely poorly by this consultant. She was extremely cold, uncaring, uninterested. Her etiquette was disgusting. In the 40 years of visiting Harrogate hospital she has had wonderful treatment and this consultant had the worst manner she has ever experienced. I was told my mother I would see if I could find any information on this consultant and I was extremely interested to see what the previous reviewer had put.

18th June 2015
Written by a patient at Harrogate District Hospital

I have now had two appointments with this consultant. My second experience was similar to the first. No greeting, no smile, no warmth, very little eye contact and minimal interaction. I am usually a very competent and assertive person but I felt so uncomfortable and uneasy that I was afraid to ask questions and just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. I have raised the issue with the Patient Experience Team at Harrogate Hospital and am waiting for their response.

Nearest Endocrinologists