dr-dayavathi-ashok

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
27th November 2019

Dr Ashok listened carefully to all I had to say and did not interrupt....I felt she empathised totally with how I was feeling and could explain clearly why I was feeling so ill. She clearly explained all treatment options and how, if one didn’t work, there was always something else we could try. She has been my lifeline in regaining a quality of life .

24th June 2019

Dr Ashok was friendly, knowledgeable and reassuring. I came away from my appointment with her feeling more positive than I had for many weeks before.

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
28th May 2019

I was referred to Dr Ashok as I have giant cell arthritis but I was also having chest pain and breathlessness. Dr Ashok was concerned and booked me an appointment with a cardiologist who ultimately fitted me with a stent. I feel so very much better but had it not been for Dr Ashok who knows what would have happened so I am incredibly grateful to her. She is a wonderful consultant and I shall continue to see her for the GCA. Thank you Dr Ashok.

18th May 2019

Dr Ashok was caring and very professional I was given the time to give my history of the problems I have had and was given a thorough examination before a full explanation regarded the treatment I needed was given.

20th April 2019

Dr Ashok was a very understanding Doctor, who really listened to my medical issues, which other Doctors had not . I have a complicated recent medical history which she took time to listen to and clearly empathised with me. I felt very supported at a difficult time and ended up with a very good clinical outcome.

I have been a Consultant Rheumatologist since 2008 and have broad experience in the diagnosis of all musculo-skeletal rheumatic conditions. My priority as a specialist is to ensure an accurate diagnosis so that I can provide patients with accurate information about their condition and early management. I have extensive experience in the provision of soft tissue and joint injections for the relief of pain and inflammation and have a particular interest in managing early inflammatory arthritis. I was leading the Early arthritis service in my previous NHS Trust. Over the years of consultant experience, I have performed a vast number of soft tissue and joint injections for the relief of pain and inflammation. I was appointed to the Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust in July 2017 as a substantive Consultant Rheumatologist. Before moving to Chelmsford, for 9 years I was a substantive Consultant Rheumatologist at County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham. Specialist Clinical Interests: Early Arthritis, Soft tissue rheumatism, Osteoarthritis, Neck and Back pain, Carpal Tunnel syndrome, Osteoporosis, Inflammatory rheumatic disorders and Widespread pain syndromes.

Short link to review Dr Dayavathi Ashok: http://iwgc.net/ef3mo