Dr Dayavathi Ashok

I have been a Consultant Rheumatologist since 2008 and have broad experience in the diagnosis of all musculo-skeletal rheumatic conditions. My priority as a specialist is to ensure an accurate diagnosis so that I can provide patients with accurate information about their condition and early management. I have extensive experience in the provision of soft tissue and joint injections for the relief of pain and inflammation and have a particular interest in managing early inflammatory arthritis. I was leading the Early arthritis service in my previous NHS Trust. Over the years of consultant experience, I have performed a vast number of soft tissue and joint injections for the relief of pain and inflammation. I was appointed to the Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust in July 2017 as a substantive Consultant Rheumatologist. Before moving to Chelmsford, for 9 years I was a substantive Consultant Rheumatologist at County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham. Specialist Clinical Interests: Early Arthritis, Soft tissue rheumatism, Osteoarthritis, Neck and Back pain, Carpal Tunnel syndrome, Osteoporosis, Inflammatory rheumatic disorders and Widespread pain syndromes.

24th June 2019
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Ashok was friendly, knowledgeable and reassuring. I came away from my appointment with her feeling more positive than I had for many weeks before.

28th May 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I was referred to Dr Ashok as I have giant cell arthritis but I was also having chest pain and breathlessness. Dr Ashok was concerned and booked me an appointment with a cardiologist who ultimately fitted me with a stent. I feel so very much better but had it not been for Dr Ashok who knows what would have happened so I am incredibly grateful to her. She is a wonderful consultant and I shall continue to see her for the GCA. Thank you Dr Ashok.

18th May 2019
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Ashok was caring and very professional I was given the time to give my history of the problems I have had and was given a thorough examination before a full explanation regarded the treatment I needed was given.

20th April 2019
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

Dr Ashok was a very understanding Doctor, who really listened to my medical issues, which other Doctors had not . I have a complicated recent medical history which she took time to listen to and clearly empathised with me. I felt very supported at a difficult time and ended up with a very good clinical outcome.

12th March 2019
Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital

I saw Dr.Ashok last week and I was totally satisfied with the consultation. She diagnosed me within minutes of me giving her my symptoms . She gave me advice on how to manage the illness and was very supportive.

Short link to review Dr Dayavathi Ashok: http://iwgc.net/ef3mo