Dr David Shovlin

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Burn Brae Medical Group

Dr Shovlin has caused me great stress and anxiety due to his aggressive and dismissive communication. Unfortunately for me, it appears that my GP makes me feel unwell in stark contrast to other folks GPs who at least attempt to make patients feel better. The fact that I’ve taken to an online review site to provide feedback evidences the strength of my feelings on this subject. I notice that this isn’t the first such review of this type on this site alone. On careful consideration I shall escalate my complaints accordingly but very much wanted to others to know that Dr Shovlin’s style can cause deep upset. I have no reason to question his medical capability but his soft skills are worryingly under developed for a senior partner. For me a he is probably a much better GP than he is a person. I found him to be of questionable character and as such I will never entrust him with my healthcare and my advise to others is to take heed.

22nd October 2016
Written by a patient at Hexham General Hospital

I was referred to the National Ammyloidosis Centre by Dr Shovlin. That centre praised his "high diagnostic sensitivity" and described his letter of referral as a "model of its type". I am full of admiration of his professional skills and very grateful for his thorough application of them. Medicine at its best, thank you.

23rd August 2016
Written by a patient at Hexham General Hospital

I have been treated by Dr Shovelin for the past two years with great competence and courtesy. He is thorough, re-assuring but completely professional and honest and everything I want in a medical advisor.

20th January 2016
Written by a patient at Burn Brae Medical Group

Dr Shovlin is the worst GP I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. I would rather suffer than see him again. I found him to be cold, unsympathetic, dismissive and down right arrogant. Fortunately, his poor behavioural competence caused me nothing but irritation. However, the same cannot be said for my wife who was misdiagnosed by Dr Shovlin. Many months and much cost later my wife obtained an accurate diagnosis from the private sector, which was great for her but only emphasised Dr Shovlin's poor competence further.