Dr David Sheppard

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

16th August 2018
Written by a patient at Salisbury District Hospital

Dr Sheppard is an outstanding consultant and I am so grateful for his gentle, reassuring manner. He was so understanding of my huge anxiety about having an endoscopy but I trusted him completely and the procedure took place with relative ease (and a lot of drugs that not only relaxed me but helped me forget!). In clinic, he is down to earth, a great listener, and puts you at ease immediately. You feel like you are working as a team to get better. Dr Sheppard explores all avenues through thorough investigation and explains everything clearly. I am always prepared to wait longer for a follow up appointment in order to be able to see him each time. Thank you, Dr Sheppard.

4th August 2018
Written by a patient at Salisbury District Hospital

I cannot make any recommendations as I thought the team were highly professional, the physical patient management within the unit was slick and suited me. The staff were a credit. I was impressed (but did not enjoy!) with the way I was treated at every level. Dr Sheppard went to some lengths to talk about my condition and his recommendations for its management. A really good team.

26th July 2018
Written by a patient at Salisbury District Hospital

I recently attended the Endoscopy Unit at Salisbury Hospital for Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy. As I was having both procedures together I was told on arrival Dr Sheppard would be carrying out both procedures. However, I didn't realise that meant I went to the very end of the list so I did have rather a long wait. By the time I was called in I was quite anxious. Dr Sheppard sat down and took the time to explain exactly what would happen throughout procedure and to answer all my questions. This was despite the fact I was the last patient at what I'm sure was the end of a very long day. This was my first visit to Salisbury Hospital as a patient. Thanks to Dr Sheppard and all the staff in the Endoscopy Unit I will be less anxious if I have to attend again.

1st June 2018
Written by a patient at Salisbury District Hospital

Dr Sheppard is a Consultant that took the time to make shore i understood everything and why i needed to have all the tests.We had a few problems at the start as i had just had a big shoulder operation on 7th April which made Dr Sheppards job a lot harder but he found other ways round some of the tests. He is a very professional man that cares about his patients and can talk to people in a relaxing way, thank you for all your help and thank all your diffrent departments for there help. and thank you for the final letter, all clear , Many thanks Barry Ascough.

13th April 2018
Written by a patient at Salisbury District Hospital

Dr Sheppard is a truly brilliant consultant for whom i have the highest regard. Through a very difficult time he has offered me reassurance at the same time as being honest with me of whats going on and his reasoning behind the tests he has undertaken. I have been given great care and attention, he was determined to let no stone be unturned in order to find out what was going on. He has an excellent bed side manner and speaks with clarity and honesty and uses language I can understand. He is respectful and has genuine concern and one feels confident in his hands and expertise. I could not have received better treatment anywhere and I am encouraged that even as I begin to regain my health he is to continue to monitor my progress. I have nothing but praise for true professional who believes in his work, the nhs and his patients.

Nearest Gastroenterologists