Add your review of Dr David Riley

Palliative medicine

I confirm that I have read and that I accept your Terms and Conditions and agree to my personal data being used in accordance with your Privacy Policy.
   or

Dr David Riley

9 reviews

I graduated from Leicester University medical School in 1995, a University that was ahead of its time as it included a strong focus on social and psychological impact of illness and care. Prior to the start of my specialty training I worked predominantly in hospital, enjoying posts in several specialties including renal medicine, trauma and orthopaedics, vascular surgery, A&E, medicine for the elderly and rehabilitation medicine, rheumatology, neurology, gastroenterology, cardiology, respiratory medicine, oncology, psychiatry and palliative medicine as a junior doctor. I chose a career in Palliative Medicine after working with a Specialist Palliative Care Nurse at Northampton General Hospital- he was inspiring and I am ever grateful. In addition to clinical posts I undertook a teaching and research fellow post based at Warwick University where I was able to develop my knowledge and skills in medical education and complete piece of research relating to the education of medical students. Qualifications–MBChB, MRCP, PGA Med Ed, PG Cert Communication Skills. I have a particular interest in communication skills and in optimising patient choice. I am based at Cynthia Spencer Hospice where I have in-patients under my care and an outpatient clinic–I also attend Northampton General Hospital and work in the Specialist Palliative Care Team in an advisory roll. In addition to my clinical work I am the Clinical Director for Specialist Palliative Care Services, I am a trained appraiser for the trust and a clinical supervisor for doctors in training. Outside of work I enjoy spending time with friends and family, music, reading and cooking... And walking the dog when I have to, which I secretly enjoy.

Specialties