Dr David O'Reilly

Consultant Rheumatologist working at the West Suffolk Hospital and the BMI Hospital in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

• Rheumatology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

23rd September 2017
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

This doctor is - as far as I'm concerned - a genius. Having suffered pain for 5 years - which was deteriorating rather than improving - I was willing to do whatever the medical profession could suggest to get my life back to normality. I was told to rest the affected areas by other professionals - but this did not help. In fact it exacerbated matters. Dr O'Reilly turned this advice on it's head. And it worked. Thanks to this doctor I'm now back working full time and have a far better understanding of how to manage my condition. I wholeheartedly recommend the wisdom and expertise of this doctor. I cannot thank him enough!

9th August 2017
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

Miracle worker. Arrived in great pain and hardly mobile. Dr R. Gave two steroid injections in the knees. When I got home I took 2.5ml of orimorph. And has a sleep, when I woke up I was able to get out of my chair and walk unaided. Today I have done a few chores been shopping and out to lunch. I feel great. Many many thanks.

25th July 2017
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

From the first meeting with Dr O'Reilly, he inspired confidence in me. He never rushes, and always listens. His friendly, approachable disposition makes it easy to explain ones problems.

24th July 2017
Written by a carer at West Suffolk Hospital

My wife has been looked after by Dr O'Reilly for several years now, he has never failed to listen to her or make every effort to help be it direct action in the giving of injections into joints to relieve the pain my wife is experiencing at the time or to contact other consultants to gain help in the treatment of other ailments. More importantly he treats my wife as though she is the only patient he has and not just a number in the list of many , he is always polite, cheerful, it is a true honour to be looked after by him and his team.

24th July 2017
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

Dr O'Reilly listen compassionately and with great kindness and offered constructive advice, my visit to see him could not be improved. Thank you so much

Nearest Rheumatologists