Dr David O'Reilly

Consultant Rheumatologist working at the West Suffolk Hospital and the BMI Hospital in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

• Rheumatology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

28th May 2018
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

It Was great seeing Dr O'Reilly and all I know is one month after seeing him I felt dramatically improved.Better than I had been in Years. I told by various G.Ps that I had Polymyalgia and was fed Steriod pills ever increasing and never felt any better. Dr O Reilly sent me down the route of reducing Steriods with the intention of coming off completely in 40 weeks. And Yes,I will do it because i already feel totally improved.Feel 15 years younger and a Doctor thinking less Drugs. He does spend time with you to and LISTENS. Well done David, Best Regards Barry Foster

16th May 2018
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

This is my second appointment with Dr O’Reilly. As before, he was extremely thorough, helpful and attentive. He is clearly very accomplished and experienced in his field of medicine and has an excellent bedside manner. I have already recommended him to friends.

30th April 2018
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

Dr O’Reilly is a great listener and gives each patient all the time they need. My only criticism would be he makes it very obvious when you arrive that he has no memory of previous consultations. This is always going to be a problem since the doctors see so many patients, but as he reminds himself from the computer screen exactly who you are and your previous history, he is inclined to ask some very basic questions that make you a little uneasy that he has forgotten everything about you ( even though you have seen him quite recently). I would be happy to sit quietly until he has read all the relevant information about me.

9th April 2018
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

Dr O ‘ Reilly has joined the dots .... for that I’m truly grateful. He listened, valued my opinion and asked just the right questions ... no rushing at all .

20th March 2018
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

Dr David O’Reilly is an extremely understanding and caring Doctor. It was obvious from day one to me that he values his patients, his manners and tone of voice are very relaxing. He is clearly very knowledgeable in his field and is a massive asset to the NHS and the general public. During the small procedure that he carried out he explained every detail of what was happening, what he was doing but most importantly he oozed calmness. This to me was very reassuring. Communication is extremely easy whether by phone or email. I honestly do not believe that Dr David O’Reilly could improve on his service to me. He is extremely punctual, polite, caring, intelligent and always available.

Nearest Rheumatologists