dr-daniel-mckenzie

Dr Daniel McKenzie

1 2 3 4 5 1 review

I am a Consultant Cardiologist based in Bath and Bristol with a specialist interest in complex angioplasty. I work full time at the Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust and contribute to the 24/7 Emergency Service at the Bristol Heart Institute, which covers the regional heart attack service. I trained at Nottingham University and spent 2 years as a Research Fellow before completing the Wessex Registrar training programme and my Fellowships in Southampton and Bournemouth. I provide a contemporary evidence-based service, which is patient focused, to investigate and treat a broad range of cardiovascular problems. These include the investigations and management of chest pain, breathlessness, palpitations and fainting. My sub-specialty is coronary intervention – using wires, balloons and stents to treat narrowing’s within coronary arteries. I am a high volume operator (I performed 246 cases in 2016, compared to a national average of 123 cases) and perform the majority of my cases through the radial artery, which is proven to be the safest route. I have an excellent outcomes and safety record with a complication rate well below those predicted in the British Cardiovascular Interventional Society (BCIS) statistical model (0.75% actual vs. 2.3% predicted). The most important person during any investigation or procedure is always the patient and I am strongly engaged with governance and quality improvement to ensure that teams work effectively to provide the best patient care possible. I am closely involved in the education and training of Junior Doctors and contribute to a number of National and International research trials and registries. I sit on the National BCIS Council and I am a member of the BCIS Training and Education Group. Outside work, I am a keen sportsman and cycle and run regularly. I have three children: Thomas, Alex and Emily, and spend as much time as possible supporting their busy social and sporting lives.

Nearest Cardiologists