Mr Daniel Armstrong

I am a Consultant Hand and Wrist Surgeon at the Pulvertaft Hand Centre in Derby and have recently been appointed Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor, University of Nottingham, Medical School. I underwent orthopaedic training in the Trent Region, gaining the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) exam. I have undertaken specialist training in Derby, Nottingham and Oxford where I was the National Hand Fellow. I have been examined in, and passed, the British Post Graduate hand Diploma.

25th April 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

Mr Armstrong is a blimmin brilliant dr. I've had two operations under his care and awaiting a third. He is patient and calm and thorough. He is great at explaining and showing you what will happen. He and his team are excellent and give the higelhest standard of care possible.

11th April 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

I was referred to Mr Armstrong by my GP, so it was pure luck that I was under his care. Absolutely fantastic consultant and surgeon. He listened to what I had to say and took on board all of my concerns. After the initial consultation, all tests were performed quickly. When it was decided that I did need hand surgery, the procedure was explained to me by Mr Armstrong, in as much detail as I wanted. Any questions asked by myself were fully answered. On one occasion I had no choice but to bring my nine year old daughter to the consultation. Mr Armstrong was so kind and welcoming to her and even showed her pictures of herself (some that I had never seen) before she was born. On the day of the surgery he came to explain the procedure to me again. During the operation he explained what he was doing and even showed me my tendons which was a fascinating once in a life time chance to see the workings of my own hand (although I am sure he would not do that to anyone who did not want to see). His wound closure technique is the best I have ever seen and I really can not see any scar at all. If you are lucky enough to fall under his care, you can rest assured that you will be in the best of hands.

1st February 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

I have had the pleasure of meeting Dr Armstrong twice over the past 18 months; both in clinics and during surgical procedures . I found him extremely courteous and willing to explain my treatment plan very thoroughly . He gave me time for questions and concerns that I had about my treatment . During my 2 surgical procedures he explained what he was doing and made sure I was ok throughout which was a great comfort to me Thank you.

28th January 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Meeting Dr. Armstrong for the first time made me feel very comfortable, spoke to me on a great level, so that I understood the procedure and more of a friend than a patient. Had a good chat with a few jokes to calm my nerves before the operation. Aftercare was second to none, asked me loads of questions and supported me throughout with the nurses. Made me feel great after saying he was more than happy with the outcome and that I had done very well with the exercises I had to do.

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Pulvertaft Hand Centre

I had surgery on my left wrist in July, in orthopaedics at Derby Royal, after a fall while out running. The surgery left me with very limited movement in my wrist and hand, I was unable to drive, work and do basic tasks. In September I was refered to the Pulvertaft centre, Dr Armstrong immediately identified what the problem was, I started attending the hand class physio sessions at the Pulvertaft centre to improve the strength in my wrist. Dr Armstrong performed further surgery at the end of October. By the end of the year I had full use of my wrist and hand. Dr Armstrong gave me my life back. Always Polite, caring, professional, and a genius. If you need hand surgery ask for Dr Daniel Armstrong.

Short link to review Mr Daniel Armstrong: http://iwgc.net/ecn36