dr-daniel-armstrong-1

20th February 2020

Great care! A doctor who inspires complete confidence

17th February 2020

Mr.Armstrong has performed two carpal tunnel procedures on me and I cannot speak highly enough of him. He put me totally at easy and explained the procedure clearly. Both procedures were performed quickly and smoothly and I even had the opportunity to view what he was doing halfway through, which was fascinating.

20th December 2019

Dan was the second consultant I saw following a diagnosis of Kienbock's disease, and a pretty poor experience with the first consultant I met. Dan was extremely knowledgeable about the condition and restored hope in me that there were options to be explored to manage it. He is very personable, made me felt at ease throughout all appointments and operations, and thanks to him, I am now symptom free I cannot recommend Dan enough and will be forever grateful to him for his overall approach and expertise.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Derby
18th December 2019

I saw Mr Armstrong with symptoms of carpal tunnel I was referred for tests and carpel tunnel was confirmed I re visited Mr Armstrong and he explained my results and options very clearly and in a very positive way. I decided on the carpal tunnel release operation. Mr Armstrong has a very pleasant manner about him and fills you with confidence. I had the operation done by Mr Armstrong which was expertly done and has been a great success so far

Written by a carer at Royal Derby Hospital
19th October 2019

After 18 months of struggling to get help with a problem my husband had with his thumb, he was referred to Mr Armstrong. Within 5 minutes of meeting this very amenable doctor, we had been told what the problem was and how it could rectified by a small operation. Mr Armstrong then agreed to accommodate my husband the following Saturday morning to have this done ! My husband was looked after extremely well by Mr Armstrong and his team whilst the procedure was being done and was very impressed by the knowledge and care given by this doctor. At the follow up appointment, even though it was after 5pm and a very busy clinic Mr Armstrong had time to answer our questions and was genuinely interested in the outcome of my husbands case. We cannot thank this doctor enough for the professional care given.

I am a Consultant Hand and Wrist Surgeon at the Pulvertaft Hand Centre in Derby. My practice is entirely Hand and Wrist problems and I have a large proportion of tertiary referral work for complex issues. I also have an interest in minimally invasive surgery - endoscopic carpal and cubital tunnel release, Xiapex/Collagenase, Needle Aponeurotomy etc. I underwent orthopaedic training in the Trent Region, gaining the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) exam. I have undertaken specialist training in Derby, Nottingham and Oxford where I was the National Hand Fellow. I have been examined in, and passed, the British Post Graduate hand Diploma.

Short link to review Mr Daniel Armstrong: http://iwgc.net/ecn36