Mr Daniel Armstrong

I am a Consultant Hand and Wrist Surgeon at the Pulvertaft Hand Centre in Derby and have recently been appointed Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor, University of Nottingham, Medical School. I underwent orthopaedic training in the Trent Region, gaining the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) exam. I have undertaken specialist training in Derby, Nottingham and Oxford where I was the National Hand Fellow. I have been examined in, and passed, the British Post Graduate hand Diploma.

27th September 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Dr Dan Armstrong has taken time at each appointment to listen to my views. He always gives me an in depth explanation of what the problem is and how it can be resolved. IDr Armstrong has completed an Ulnar Osteotomy and arthroscopy for me. I had a nerve block for the proceedures and he reassured me throughout the op and talked me through his findings and what he planned to do. Great care was given throughout my experience and I would recommend Dr Armstrong to anyone having to have treatment for hand or wrist.. Wish that I could have been referred 2 years ago at the start of my problems as I feel I would have got to this great outcome much sooner if I had been seen by Dr Armstrong initially. I can't thank him enough as I will now be able to continue to work and most importantly care for my husband who has Parkinson's disease wirhout pain and discomfort.

25th September 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

From the first day I met Mr Armstrong I felt so at ease about all the treatment I was about to undertake. I went to see him with a small amount of hope and after three operations have got unbelievable results. He is so kind and caring and he develops a rapport with his patients that is seldom seen. I would have no hesitation to recommend him to anyone because he has achieved things with the movement of my fingers that others said could not be done. I would like to think that I could always approach him if I needed further surgery. A truly inspirational man.

24th August 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

Dan Armstrong is a fantastic surgeon he as time and listens to you and if you ever get the chance to meet him you will not be disappointed he is a credit to his team. I don’t believe that they can improve in anyway or get any better care fantastic surgeon and fantastic hospital

3rd July 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Mr Dan Armstrong listened, understood the specialist care required for my rare metabolic condition to recover from negligent NHS treatment which had left me in excruciating pain with severe osteomyelitis and amputation of my finger imminent. Dan immediately sent me for a MRI which diagnosed osteomyelitis of the finger and put me on a intensive course of antibiotics to treat the infection. He also sent me to physio as I had lost the use of my finger due to excruciating pain from infection and unlawful debridement. I gave no permission to the NHS facility for debridement as we told the NHS facility of my rare metabolic condition and the absolute need to be treated by specialists who understood it . I am under specialist NHS care who would be directing treatment and gave permission for lance and drain only. NHS facility completely ignored my condition, my legal consent / my input and my husband's input with utter contempt of their patient. I was discharged by NHS facility being told the X ray showed no osteomyelitis (wrong test only MRI detects osteomyelitis), no swabs analysed with my skin, nail removed at greater risk of amputation and in agony with a finger clearly infected. I demanded antibiotics and informed my specialist care and went to Dan for a second opinion. It is now 5 months after NHS facility negligence. Dan Armstrong used the correct test to diagnose osteomyelitis, used intensive course of antibiotics to successfully treat the infection and physio to regain the use of my finger. Dan explained all treatment options which were discussed and jointly agreed. Dan listened, understood the medical complications of my rare metabolic disease and treated me with great respect, dignity and empathy. He was happy to work with my specialist NHS care at Cambridge for my rare metabolic disease where I am under medical research. Bottom line - Dan saved my finger from amputation and with my rare metabolic condition probably my life from risk of sepsis. Dan is a highly competent surgeon to have fully recovered my finger in the state he found it. He treats his patient with great care, understanding, empathy and I would highly recommend him. Absolute pleasure to have been treated by Dan.

8th June 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Doctor Armstrong, is one of the most kind and caring doctors I have met. I got referred back to Mr Armstrong after another doctor wouldn't listen to me and left me in tears. Since then Mr Armstrong has made sure that I see him and he did my right extended carpal tunnel release, I'm currently waiting to have the same done to my left hand and I wouldn't want anyone but Mr Armstrong to do this. He is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever met and thank you so much for sorting everything. You truly are one of the great Doctors

Short link to review Mr Daniel Armstrong: http://iwgc.net/ecn36