Mr Daniel Armstrong

I am a Consultant Hand and Wrist Surgeon at the Pulvertaft Hand Centre in Derby and have recently been appointed Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor, University of Nottingham, Medical School. I underwent orthopaedic training in the Trent Region, gaining the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) exam. I have undertaken specialist training in Derby, Nottingham and Oxford where I was the National Hand Fellow. I have been examined in, and passed, the British Post Graduate hand Diploma.

11th August 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Nottingham Hospital

Mr Daniel Armstrong is an exceptional surgeon and, though not a surgeon myself, I have met very many in the past in my professional and social life. He is an exceedingly good listener and has highly advanced skills with huge sensitivity and attention to detail in both his surgical work and his interaction with the patient. A major plus is the fact that with Mr Armstrong, the patient is very much a part of the decision making process. At the beginning of the consultation, he asked me to tell him how I felt about my fingers, and about the fact that I had been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. Throughout the consultation, he took into account my feelings and opinions, and we discussed all possible treatment options in terms of the balance of risks and benefits. At all times he made sure I was fully aware of all the relevant facts. I described my concern about both the pain and inflammation of the fingers as well as the aesthetic aspect of my hands. I do a lot of DIY and would like to continue doing so but without causing further damage to my hands. I also explained that my wife had bought me two electric guitars and I was looking forward to continuing learning to play without any problems. At the consultation I learnt that the treatment of musicians’ hands is among his special skills. The initial treatment we opted for was a number of steroid injections which he administered very soon after, as well as some sessions with a hand therapist. It has been just over one month since I saw Mr. Armstrong and all is going well.

14th July 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Nottingham Hospital

Concise, direct, good manner

4th July 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Dr Armstrong is a really nice doctor he puts you at ease and makes sure you know exactly what is involved in the procedure. You can tell he takes great pride in his work and the contentment of his patient. I had surgery on my hand and finger, he and his team were excellent. I am very satisfied with the result so much so we are currently in discussions about some more work on my other hand.

3rd July 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I could ask for more, from the beginning he made everything understandable and simple. He’s made me feel at ease and talked through every part of the surgeries and what they entailed. Both him and his staff are fantastic and I can’t praise the care and service I received more. Not that I advise getting injuries but, if you do then Dan Armstrong is the man you want on the job.

14th May 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I've been seeing Mr Armstrong at the hand clinic for a few years due to a muscle wasting condition in my hand which resulted in severe deformity over a period of time. He has always given me time and I've never felt it was too much trouble for him. I decided to go ahead and have surgery on my hand to fuse bones and have it reconstructed to give me better use and relief of pain. I have been delighted with the results and very pleased how he explained exactly what he was going to do and what to expect. Initially I didn't believe it could be done but I was proved wrong! My hand looks normal now and I would definately have no reserves about him performing surgery again if I were to need it and would also recommend him to anyone who needs treatment or surgery.

Short link to review Mr Daniel Armstrong: http://iwgc.net/ecn36