Mr Daniel Armstrong

I am a Consultant Hand and Wrist Surgeon at the Pulvertaft Hand Centre in Derby and have recently been appointed Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor, University of Nottingham, Medical School. I underwent orthopaedic training in the Trent Region, gaining the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) exam. I have undertaken specialist training in Derby, Nottingham and Oxford where I was the National Hand Fellow. I have been examined in, and passed, the British Post Graduate hand Diploma.

2nd April 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Derby

Mr Armstrong was excellent both prior to, during and post surgery for dupuytren's contracture. He provided everything I needed to make an informed decision about which surgery route to take. The actual surgery was extremely well done and has made an enormous difference to my hand, giving me full use back. Post operative information and care was also very good.

29th March 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I received superb, gentle care and treatment from Mr. Armstrong and his entire team at the Pulvertaft Hand Centre. My pre-surgery options were explained clearly and in great detail - but more importantly with a warm friendliness and sense of humour. All the staff played their role in reassuring a very anxious patient that all would be well. It was. I cannot imagine better care and feel very lucky to have experienced Mr. Armstrong's great skills for my first ever operation. I now have every confidence in my newly repaired wrist.Thank you very much.

29th March 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I am a patient of Mr Armstrong, I first came to see him when I had a accident with a circular saw, my right index finger had been damaged quite a lot, however Mr Armstrong soon put me at ease, I had a operation to clean the wound and to survey the cut, Mr Armstrong did a brilliant job and after being stitched up I was free to go home, after a week or so I was back in hospital with a lot of pain to the finger again, after being examined again I was told it was infected. Mr Armstrong suggested a intravenous antibiotics this sorted the situation out but the same thing happened twice more,after seeing Mr Armstrong we both came to the conclusion the best option was to remove the finger as the infection was getting worse every time and Mr Armstrong said if we were not careful I could finish up losing my hand, This was I thought great advice so we went ahead ,The operation day came and Again Mr Armstrong made me feel at ease once again, he did a fantastic job at removing my finger, after a few months I had trouble again with the knuckle this time, so Mr Armstrong injected some steroids into the joint, after a few days the pain went away however the pain did come back after a few months again injected steroids in to the joint, this went on three times, on the third time we both come to the conclusion the best option was to remove the joint, the operation went a head and was a great success thanks to the fantastic skills of a great surgeon Mr D. ARMSTRONG

22nd March 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

I have been under the care of Mr Armstong for about 5 years and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Not only is he an excellent hand surgeon he is also very caring. When I had a family emergency on the morning of my surgery (a Saturday) he advised me to postpone and reschedule as soon as I was ready. Good as his word he was able to fit me in the following Saturday despite his very full lists. I have also found that staff working with Mr Armstrong also reflect his attitude and that no one working with him has anything but praise for him.

12th March 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Derby

I was informed of what the doctor was doing at all times, he was friendly and considerate of my needs

Short link to review Mr Daniel Armstrong: http://iwgc.net/ecn36