Mr Daniel Armstrong

I am a Consultant Hand and Wrist Surgeon at the Pulvertaft Hand Centre in Derby. I underwent orthopaedic training in the Trent Region, gaining the FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) exam. I have undertaken specialist training in Derby, Nottingham and Oxford where I was the National Hand Fellow. I have been examined in, and passed, the British Post Graduate hand Diploma.

1st February 2018
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

I have had the pleasure of meeting Dr Armstrong twice over the past 18 months; both in clinics and during surgical procedures . I found him extremely courteous and willing to explain my treatment plan very thoroughly . He gave me time for questions and concerns that I had about my treatment . During my 2 surgical procedures he explained what he was doing and made sure I was ok throughout which was a great comfort to me Thank you.

28th January 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Meeting Dr. Armstrong for the first time made me feel very comfortable, spoke to me on a great level, so that I understood the procedure and more of a friend than a patient. Had a good chat with a few jokes to calm my nerves before the operation. Aftercare was second to none, asked me loads of questions and supported me throughout with the nurses. Made me feel great after saying he was more than happy with the outcome and that I had done very well with the exercises I had to do.

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Pulvertaft Hand Centre

I had surgery on my left wrist in July, in orthopaedics at Derby Royal, after a fall while out running. The surgery left me with very limited movement in my wrist and hand, I was unable to drive, work and do basic tasks. In September I was refered to the Pulvertaft centre, Dr Armstrong immediately identified what the problem was, I started attending the hand class physio sessions at the Pulvertaft centre to improve the strength in my wrist. Dr Armstrong performed further surgery at the end of October. By the end of the year I had full use of my wrist and hand. Dr Armstrong gave me my life back. Always Polite, caring, professional, and a genius. If you need hand surgery ask for Dr Daniel Armstrong.

12th December 2017
Written by a patient at Circle Nottingham

Dr Armstrong has been amazing i have had my hand and albow done and i would not trust anyone else to make me better. He is thorough, thoughtful and caring a fantastic doctor. I may have to have my other arm done and i want it done by Dr Armstrong. I trust everything he tells me and he listens to. My hand was a awkward situation but he did not give up i have not got my strength back and has prettt much saved my hand i owe him everything. Thank you so much for going above and beyond

16th November 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Derby Hospital

Welcoming , listened, thorough. Reassurring and positive. Explantions clear in relation to mangement options and outcomes relating to a hand problem that was impacting on my work and home life. Excellent outcome following surgery Good sense of humour

Short link to review Mr Daniel Armstrong: http://iwgc.net/ecn36