Dr Colin Farquharson

• Cardiology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

20th May 2017
Written by a patient at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital

I went to see Dr Colin Farqharson in his clinic for a second opinion after my daughter had seen him previously about a heart condition, and she thought that he was a excellent doctor, who spent a lot of time explaining her condition and all the different options for treating. I was under a different heart specialist at the time for a similar problem, and didn’t feel my concerns were being addressed by that cardiologist. After seeing Dr Farqharson, I was so pleased that I switched over to him. He was very clear in explaining what treatments for my condition were available, not like my doctor before. I went for an option that he suggested would work best , and I’ve felt fantastic since having it carried out. I would recommend him to anybody worried about their heart! The only downside is that he is very popular – and therefore busy.

17th May 2017
Written by a patient at County Hospital, Louth

I met with Dr Farquharson on 15 May 2017 at Louth Hospital. I was really impressed by him. He explained everything about my Long QT and had time to listen to me. He was professional yet very approachable. What a fantastic man.

9th January 2017
Written by a patient at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital

I have nothing but praise for Dr Farqhuarson. I found him to be caring and very approachable. He has excellent communication skills, and seems to know lots about the way the heart works and the problems that can happen. He gave me enough time to speak about my worries and concerns, then discussed with me in great detail about the future management of my heart problem regarding treatment and investigation. I was very satisfied with the care I received from him.

4th January 2017
Written by a patient at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital

Dr Farquharson was very good at explaining what was wrong with me (labile hypertension), which was dealt with promptly, but also diagnosed an intermittent and potentially dangerous slow heart rate for which I had a pacemaker fitted by him very quickly. This problem was a complete surprise to me but I am so grateful now as i feel so much better due to his actions. He is a nice, pleasant and calm man who I get on very well with and I would recommend him to my friends and family.

12th October 2016
Written by a patient at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital

I always find Dr Farquarson easy to talk to, he is a very caring person who explains everything clearly. I have been a patient of his for a number of years now, I have every confidence in him and always leave a consultation feeling very reassured, which is important to me. He doesn't need to improve anything as such - he is an excellent doctor, and he has also seen and helped my children who have similar illnesses.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists