Dr Colin Farquharson

• Cardiology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

10th February 2018
Written by a patient at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital

During several visits to see Dr Farquharson, my husband and I found him to be a very kind, caring, helpful doctor who always makes time to explain different treatments on offer and answers all questions put to him in an easy to understand way. I would recommend everyone who as any heart problems to visit him.

20th August 2017
Written by a patient at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital

Dr Farquharson spent a lot of time reassuring me regarding my palpitations caused by ectopic beats. I have been very worried about them for some time, and he did several tests. The tests, combined with his very detailed explanations and caring nature, put my worries at ease, and he has helped me learn to live with this condition. His attention was excellent, he was polite and patient and overall very helpful.

20th May 2017
Written by a patient at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital

I went to see Dr Colin Farqharson in his clinic for a second opinion after my daughter had seen him previously about a heart condition, and she thought that he was a excellent doctor, who spent a lot of time explaining her condition and all the different options for treating. I was under a different heart specialist at the time for a similar problem, and didn’t feel my concerns were being addressed by that cardiologist. After seeing Dr Farqharson, I was so pleased that I switched over to him. He was very clear in explaining what treatments for my condition were available, not like my doctor before. I went for an option that he suggested would work best , and I’ve felt fantastic since having it carried out. I would recommend him to anybody worried about their heart! The only downside is that he is very popular – and therefore busy.

17th May 2017
Written by a patient at County Hospital, Louth

I met with Dr Farquharson on 15 May 2017 at Louth Hospital. I was really impressed by him. He explained everything about my Long QT and had time to listen to me. He was professional yet very approachable. What a fantastic man.

9th January 2017
Written by a patient at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital

I have nothing but praise for Dr Farqhuarson. I found him to be caring and very approachable. He has excellent communication skills, and seems to know lots about the way the heart works and the problems that can happen. He gave me enough time to speak about my worries and concerns, then discussed with me in great detail about the future management of my heart problem regarding treatment and investigation. I was very satisfied with the care I received from him.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists