Dr Colin Baird

• Pain medicine

« 1 2 3 4 »

31st August 2015
Written by a patient at Leith Community Treatment Centre

I have waited 3 years different hospitals and at last this man has fixed my problem. They were going to put pins in and after all that [colin] first class THANKS. William Telford

8th June 2015
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Outstanding clinical care for prolapsed disc - xray guided steroid injection

22nd April 2015
Written by a patient at Leith Community Treatment Centre

Dr Baird was my support in reviewing the medication for my spinal cord damage resulting in nerve pain. He was attentive and listened to all my concerns (not looking at his computer all the time like my GP!). I was never rushed and after a few visits I have my pain medication at a level that I can enjoy life.

23rd March 2015
Written by a patient at Leith Community Treatment Centre

After having hip surgery and bone growth surgery amounting to 3 years chronic back pain I was referred to Dr Baird. I can now truthfully say he has worked wonders and I have my life back with little or no pain. He listens to what you say and does not make you feel you are only a number. I would certainly recommend him to others with chronic pain. I have to give him my Thanks.

13th March 2015
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

Dr Baird is a very good listener and clearly cares about his patients. He is also open to discussing other things, for example I was worried about pain control for future operations on my bones (the pain in these operations is in a different league to operations on soft tissue, i.e. flesh, I had 2 hernia operations and barely felt them afterwards). He was very helpful as he is also a consultant in anaesthesia. He also actively offered to help talk to the pain control teams at the relevant hospitals as the operations cannot be done at his hospital (the Western General in Edinburgh). He builds a real sense of partnership with his patients. The drugs that he can offer are always double edged, side effects make one's life a misery, but his knowledge is unrivalled. One of the best things he ever said to me was that 'you are the expert on your pain, don't let anyone else tell you they know more about it than you do'. I would recommend him to any patient who is battling with pain.

« 1 2 3 4 »