Dr Clare Metcalfe

Written by a patient at Devaney Medical Centre
1st July 2018

The first thing this doctor asked after hearing my non UK accent was "do you have the right to be here?" (Like, how would I get past reception into her office if I didn't?) Then she barely looked at my aching wrist (inflammation) and told me to take 3 Ibuprofen daily for 10 days and come back if I still had a problem. My stomach hurt so much after the first day, I didn't bother, nor did I go back (nor would I.) Zero bedside manner and basically incompetent. Don't know why they keep her at the clinic. This doctor needs training in patient care and communication skills.

Written by a patient at Devaney Medical Centre
18th January 2017

2016, October: I had such a bad experience with Dr Clare E Metcalfe in Oxton, Wirral. SECOND miscarriage. When I opened my mouth I couldn't hold the tears. The first thing that woman calling herself a doctor said was: I HATE THIS TYPE OF APPOINTMENT. What? It is really not about you.... someone is there looking for help... After that the only thing she was saying was nothing can be done. Which I know is true but the way she handle it was so insensitive, especially for a female doctor. Try your best to avoid Dr Clare Metcalfe!!!!

1 mile