Dr Clare Defty

Dr Clare Defty is a consultant dermatologist working at both Walsall Manor Hospital NHS Trust and at Spire Little Aston Hospital in Birmingham. Her clinical practice covers the full range of adult skin disease as well as management of hair and nail disorders. Dr Defty’s subspeciality interest is skin cancer and skin surgery and has been Consultant Lead for Skin Cancer at Walsall Manor Hospitals since 2013. She is also Speciality Lead for Dermatology at the University of Birmingham, leading on delivery of medical student teaching, ongoing assessment and examination.

• Dermatology

17th October 2018
Written by a patient at Manor Hospital

I don't think Dr Clare Defty could improve on the care which she provided for me. The first consultation was my biopsy, she was clear what was happening and answered all my questions, i didn't worry under the care of this amazing Doctor. The next time i saw her was day sugary, i felt confident in what she was doing, she explained what happened in the sugary, and what to do if there was any issues. My third time i saw DR Defty was when having my stitches removed. Upon inspection she was very careful about my sugary and made a neat job, she made sure i was okay with everything was completed. Highly recommended, Shirley

8th October 2018
Written by a patient at Manor Hospital

Dr Defty provides you with thorough explenations. I feel very confident in the care I have received under Dr Defty and I always feel re-assured after each hospital visit. Thanks Steve Webster

27th September 2018
Written by a patient at Manor Hospital

During the past year Dr. Defty has seen me several times and each time she has greeted me with a smile. She has always been extremely professional, polite and I have full confidence in her.

16th July 2018
Written by a patient at Manor Hospital

I found the doctor completely understanding of my problem and she give me the best advice for my problem. Very easy to talk to and she made everything clear to me how to try and prevent the problem reoccurring.

4th July 2018
Written by a patient at Manor Hospital

She has been our consultant for many years and we trust her entirely.

Nearest Dermatologists