Dr Claire Bates

• Palliative medicine

13th July 2017
Written by a carer at Queen's Hospital

Very polite makes you feel relaxed .

11th June 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I have seen Dr Bates three times. She listened to what I had to say and engaged me completely in the process of my care. I found her extremely caring, emphatic, sincere and honest. I felt she gave me a very balanced picture of the options available to me backed by research. She was very knowledgeable, professional and kind. Her appointments were lengthy and appeared to be about my needs rather than the time they took. She listens to your difficulties with medication, pain control etc and acts accordingly She listened and tried to put in place my wishes when I was an inpatient on the ward. Dr Bates has responded quickly to my telephone calls when I have sought help. I have an open ended appointment and feel she will respond totally to my needs as they arise. I feel I am very lucky to have such a good consultant. She is excellent in every way.

19th March 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Right from the start Dr Bates was very welcoming. She listens to what the problem is and then will try to work out the best pain relief regime that will hopefully work for you. She works it out with you and doesn't force you take on something your not comfortable with. I've had two appointment with Dr Bates and at each was very happy with the outcome. I know if there is a problem I can ring and things will be sorted.

22nd February 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Dr Bates has a very caring and calming manor about her. I found it very easy to talk to her and she is very knowledgable in her role. She genuinely listened to what I had to say and took onboard what needed to be done and I felt good about the treatment I was going to have , making my life a little more stress free. I very helpful and positive attitude and she seems to have a calming & positive nature in the way she speaks and this helps to reassure me.

Short link to review Dr Claire Bates: http://iwgc.net/eewb4