Dr Chrisvan Koen

• Psychiatry

14th July 2017
Written by a patient at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

A nice man but I found that he would at times try to put words into my mouth rather than listen to what I was actually saying. I would not recommend him.

20th February 2017
Written by a patient at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

Dr Koen is a kind and attentive person who was very supportive and helpful when I was going through a difficult time in my life. I have always found it difficult to open up about my feelings and have had a tendency to carry everything with me and on my own. Because he is so warm and easy going I found it a lot easier to open up and learnt to put myself first. It really felt that I was not following a therapy of some description but talking to a someone who cared and who was close to me. He just made me feel better about myself.

13th February 2017
Written by a patient at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

During my episode of mental health unrest I found it to be a very scary and lonely experience. It does not matter how tough you are, there are some situations where you just cannot resolve by yourself. The key to this is to find help you can trust implicitly. I have read somewhere that the best chance of a successful therapy is not medication or this technique or that technique but the relationship between the therapist and the person needing help. I have found Dr Koen to be exceptional in this case – he is warm without being too forward, assertive and re-assuring when he needs to be without being aggressive or unsettling. He is one of the few doctors I know that is totally focused on his patients I never felt that he was not 100% listening to me or trying to make progress together. My favorite bit about working with him was that I felt involved in the process, I felt we were a team trying to figure this thing out, there was never any unnecessary authority or the whole ‘listen to me I am your doctor’ thing. We were on a journey together and he was a very thoughtful and kind guide. That is why I would recommend seeing him to anyone.

11th February 2017
Written by a carer at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

My sister went to see Dr Koen with a severe eating disorder. Dr Koen helped us to truly understand the nature of her illness and supported not just my sister but the whole family through this very traumatic time in our lives. He truly listened to us and I am happy to report that after so long being bounced from Dr to hospital to Dr and back again my sister is on the road to recovery. Something I though would never happen as we thought we were going to loose her to this terrible illness. I cant thank Dr Koen enough for all of his help and support. I would recommend him to anyone with an eating disorder. Thank you Dr Koen you are the best.

20th July 2016
Written by a patient at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

I have been seeing Dr Koen for a number of years for severe depression and anxiety. Dr Koen is the most understanding Dr I have ever met. He really listens to me and understands what I am going through. He has been there for me at the most difficult times in my life. He is never condescending and will always explore different options of treatment with me and not just force medication on me without first exploring what is best for me. I highly recomend this brilliant Psychiatrist to anyone who needs mental health care.

Nearest Psychiatrists