Dr Chrisvan Koen

• Psychiatry

12th December 2017
Written by a patient at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

Dr Koen is truly one of life's most intuitive and gifted of people and an excellent psychiatrist. He is a natural. I have seen him over a period of a few years with an anxiety disorder and trauma through loss and up till I went to see him never understood what was happening to me. He brought me back from a dark place that I felt completely trapped in and helped me to see not just what was happening but why, which was so pivotal in helping me to manage my anxiety. His easy and warm manner make it much easier to open up without feeling vulnerable and you feel you can tell him anything you need to and he truly listens and empathises which is a rare gift, I would, and have, recommend him to anyone needing help with difficult issues in their life. Thank you Dr Koen for all you do.

3rd November 2017
Written by a patient at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

I found Dr Koen to be a really nice helpful man. He really listened to what I had to say and gave me excellent advice without trying to push me to take drugs. He has saved my life. I would totally recommend him.

14th July 2017
Written by a patient at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

A nice man but I found that he would at times try to put words into my mouth rather than listen to what I was actually saying. I would not recommend him.

20th February 2017
Written by a patient at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

Dr Koen is a kind and attentive person who was very supportive and helpful when I was going through a difficult time in my life. I have always found it difficult to open up about my feelings and have had a tendency to carry everything with me and on my own. Because he is so warm and easy going I found it a lot easier to open up and learnt to put myself first. It really felt that I was not following a therapy of some description but talking to a someone who cared and who was close to me. He just made me feel better about myself.

13th February 2017
Written by a patient at Cygnet Hospital Godden Green

During my episode of mental health unrest I found it to be a very scary and lonely experience. It does not matter how tough you are, there are some situations where you just cannot resolve by yourself. The key to this is to find help you can trust implicitly. I have read somewhere that the best chance of a successful therapy is not medication or this technique or that technique but the relationship between the therapist and the person needing help. I have found Dr Koen to be exceptional in this case – he is warm without being too forward, assertive and re-assuring when he needs to be without being aggressive or unsettling. He is one of the few doctors I know that is totally focused on his patients I never felt that he was not 100% listening to me or trying to make progress together. My favorite bit about working with him was that I felt involved in the process, I felt we were a team trying to figure this thing out, there was never any unnecessary authority or the whole ‘listen to me I am your doctor’ thing. We were on a journey together and he was a very thoughtful and kind guide. That is why I would recommend seeing him to anyone.

Nearest Psychiatrists